• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Russian aircraft we could own.

Heath_h49008

I think a few of you guys might have an idea of where my head is. So, what is your dream machine from the other side of the cold war? Anyone here make that dream come true?

Doesn't have to be a round motor, or even a piston engine. (Those are just my favorites.)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think a few of you guys might have an idea of where my head is. So, what is your dream machine from the other side of the cold war? Anyone here make that dream come true?
If I had real money I'd have to go with the Russian Hind attack chopper. It was a flying tank. Ironically one of my former Public Affairs Officers (now deceased) ran a company that bought military equipment from the former Soviet Bloc countries and sold it to our government. I helped him arrange shipping on a lot of it and we once shipped several Hinds and Hipps to Fort Polk, LA to be used by OPFOR units.

Heath_h49008

I've seen those on one of the Mil Channel shows!

Those are amazing birds, but I have heard they fly/fight more like our A-10s... high speed strafing attacks. For some reason the Russians don't like to hover and pop-up from cover like we do. I wonder if it is design related, or just Russian battle doctrine?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks