• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust-Oleum Camouflage Ultra Cover 2X Spray Paint

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
OK, A MEP-802A mounted on a LTT-TQG trailer Tan.

Not all paints are equal. But for touch-up places, this sure does blend well.

spray cans
Rust-Oleum 279180 Specialty Camouflage Ultra Cover 2X Spray Paint, Sand, 12-Ounce
Rust-Oleum 279180 Specialty Camouflage Ultra Cover 2X Sand.jpg279180 Sand.jpg
and the same product line for the

Rust-Oleum 279179 Specialty Camouflage Ultra Cover 2X Spray Paint, Black, 12-Ounce
Rust-Oleum 279179 Specialty Camouflage Ultra Cover 2X Black.jpg279179 Black.jpg

Can't even find it on the Rust-Oleum website. Picked it up at a local Wal-mart. about $3.75 a can

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Covers well on the black rims and new grease caps.

FloridaAKM

I've been using it as well to fix some rust spots on the air drop LMTV that resides in the back yard. Green is not quite an exact match, but works, just like the brown. The Black & Tan is a perfect match. The sand colored Deuce gets all rusty spots fixed with the Tan & blends in perfectly. Readily available @ your local wally world!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green fades quickly and does not hold up well.

I have also had issues with the tan not being consistent color.
Howdy,
I thought I was seeing things, I was going along fine and then dark sand......

FloridaAKM

I noticed on the last can of tan that it would change color & texture while spraying. The can was well mixed, so that was not the problem. It ended up looking good, but was a strange ride getting there!
The green fades quickly and does not hold up well.

I have also had issues with the tan not being consistent color.

Vociferous

I was painting my wheels this weekend and was using the camo black. I ran out of it and had a can of regular flat black, also Rustoleum. And in case anyone was wondering, yes there is a difference in the sheen from flat black to camo black. The camo black has no sheen at all compared to regular flat black. Needless to say I have to cover it with camo black to match. Just an FYI.

FloridaAKM

Sometimes, the surface temp of what you are painting has a lot to do with the finish. In your case, you are correct . If you are wanting a flat finish with a flat spray paint that won't cooperate, position what you are spraying in the direct sun & when the surface gets hot, paint it in light coats. If that is not an option, use the camo flat black paint! Just a thought on spray painting flat paint

Jericho

I use the DARK FOREST GREEN rustoleum camo paint all the time, Prime with a good self etching base or the best result I have is with the RUSTY METAL PRIMER SHAME RUSTOLEUM didn't offer it in GALLON CANS, seems silly to only offer in spray bombs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks