• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage parts in NC

DEVILDOC

There is one in Albermarble NC . Jim Henry on US52 Phone 17049835940
Be there for years. Solid business man bought my M35a2 few months ago will buy from him again . He has everything you can think of...if not he can get it.

DEVILDOC

funny take it you tried lol..... Made me get change...lol to funny ..but hey give him one just to here the story why!

just weldit

I figured this could go in this tread for North Carolina. My enlistment is up next month but I always enjoyed finding odd ball stuff out here. The triple axle container trailer is the only one marked to be torched soon but thought yall might enjoy the pics. The armor measures 38" x 51". It's some type of metal that's 1/2" with bonded 1/2" fiber. The window is 14 1/2" x 18 1/2" about 2" thick.
Located at J&E Salvage.
Jacksonville, NC 28540

Attachments

Last edited:

robertsears1

I met Jim Henry today at the Denton 4 Jly Southeastern Threshers meet. I was in the engine/vendor area and asking if someone had just the cap for a jerry can and Jim was pointed out to me. We got to talking and at first, he just seemed to be selling tires out of the back of a box truck but then I got to looking around and he was setup on the other side of the little path he was parked next to. I told him I had recently bought three military surplus 5 ton heat pumps and he asked if they were FDECU-5s so I thought he might know what he is talking about. Then I asked if he had any male or female connectors like on the FDECU or MEP-804A generator and he thought there may be some back at the shop and someone was going there later to pick up some vehicles.

Eventually, I rode with his brother in a HUMVEE back to the yard/shop in Albemarle, NC around 30 minutes south of Denton. That was my first ride in a HUMVEE after spending 20 years in the AF (mostly spent my time in airplanes). The yard was probably 2-3 acres but that was a quick look. There were also several buildings full of all kinds of stuff. He was able to describe to his brother where to look and I did find one female 32-12 (5 prong) cannon type plug but no male ones. Boy was it hot in that building! There were several four prong plugs and I will probably go back since they should work for 240v single phase especially on the generator end of my MEP-003A. I think Jim has an encyclopedic memory of his inventory. I also saw a few hulks of MEP gens so I will return since I have a 002 missing several things.

We picked up a few things for back at Denton and then drove 2 Hummers and a big Oshkosh built truck with two axels in front that steer to the show. We came to a fair deal on the female plug after factoring in my driving service (although he started with how much was I going to pay for the privilege of driving his Hummer) and he thought he has a live one on the hook for future business. His brother claimed Jim was looking to move stuff, not just pile it up so we will see. Delk's is just up the road in Asheboro and I have talked to William (I think) about generators who definitely knows his stuff but his brother seemed to be very optimistic about what things are worth. With possible parts at Henry's Truck and Equipment Sales, 623 Concord Rd, Albemarle, NC, 704.918.0419, I plan to go back for a longer look. Jim said it was OK to mention him but he was in business to make money, not give free advice.

Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks