• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio TX / Help

AGGIEMARITIME

Purchased a Deuce two weeks ago and its in great running condition. Brakes need work ( started to drive it around the lot and pedal went soft) Master cylinder was dry. So as far as i know i just need to bleed the lines.

Im going to build a pressure bleeder and I will be going down there this thursday to give it the Ol' College try at bleeding the lines.

I will be driving it back to College Station (or Houston) with a M105A in tow so i want to make sure brakes are working properly before heading out.

Does anyone have a mechanic in San Antonio they can recommend in the event i need one, or... if not busy come help a fellar out and get this beast on the road. I want to have a backup plan incase i find some other issues and have to put it in the shop.

if yall have ideas let me know.

Thanks.

Motorcar

I got mine off the lot there at Fort Sam a year and a half ago and it had the same issue at first. Fortunately Rod is really good about letting you do what you need to get it off the property. My master cylinder looked like it hadn't been open since it's 1989 overhaul, filled it up with DOT 5 silicone fluid and bled it the old fashioned way with the brake pedal, bled the line at the airpack and got great brakes. Never did have to bleed at the wheels or use a power bleeder. Be sure you use silicone fluid only. I would change the 3 fuel filters as well before the long road trip. There are other SS members in the San Antonio area that might be able to help on the mechanic idea.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You know just for grins, I would FIND OUT WHERE the fluid WENT, as it DOES NOT just up and walk AWAY :deadhorse:

91W350

You sure Ron? I have one that the fluid has been having sreaking contests all on its own. Pour in ten bucks and it streaks out of there in about two weeks.....no assistance necessary....all by itself! 8)

AGGIEMARITIME

Yes thats my Ad. I bought (2) M35A2's and 2 M105 trailers. The one in the Ad i have for sale is the one that was ready to roll and drive off (which i drove back to College Station that night). The one i am going back to get in San Antonio needing the brake work will likely be the one i keep for myself. I havnt decided yet.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well since you have a running and insured deuce borrow a tow-bar and pull it home. Rod is a good guy and would help you I'm sure. :)

AGGIEMARITIME

I picked these trucks up from a private seller near Lackland Air Force Base. Heres another question.

Where can i find a tow bar? Anyone have one that i can buy / borrow / rent , rent via case a beer?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks