• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC DMV Ok,s 5ton

Scarecrow1

For a while the question I've been asking Is could the 5 ton MV be driven without a CDL in SC . So you would think someone would know weather that it included anything , such as a cargo or a tractor or any other 5 ton MV. This wasn't so easy to find out, so I set out on the quest to find the answer . Now like most of you I can't think of anything better to do that hold on to a phone listening to the oldies butchered and put to death by a piano . You get used to the part that you have to repeat the same question every single time they forward you to the next department, and the next and so on , Any how I finally find the one person that knows this highly difficult to answer question. It's simple the total weight can not exceed 26,100 lbs ..If you plan to pull a trailer you simply add the trailer weight to the tractor weight and there you go . Now that wasn't hard was it .........

jpwilson

i live in the upstate of sc an im lookin at gettin a m35a2. so i take it you dont have to have cdl to drive one on the road? do you by anychance know what kinda tag would be required? maybe a farm tag?

SPC_romaine

Hello I was on that quest My self just yesterday, IF you go over 26,000lbs u still dont need a CDL you can go and Get you a Class E now if you want to pull a trailer then you will need to get an Class F no just so you know those Class E and Class F does Not Include AirBrakes. Andything With AirBrakes you have to get an CDL. In the State Of SC.

But How do you get a farm Tag? Because I dont Really Own a farm? Or should i get a truck Tag. Thanks

"Ok Just Got off the phone for CDL office Of SC, And they Said aslong as the GVW is under 26,000lbs you do not need a cdl to cover airbrakes. " Im getting told two diffrent things" but Who knows, I will be getting my CDL to make my insurance cheaper in 3 years when they give me that dicount lol. But IM still doing some digging to find out for you guys.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks