• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC meet and greet

What month do you think?

• Feb

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • March

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • May

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • June

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • July

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • August

• September

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • November

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • December

• Total voters

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello SC members!

I brought up this subject about a year ago, but we never really nailed down a date. I would like to have a meet and greet at my house, sometime this year.

Now I'm not talking about a rally, kind of just a Sat thing, to get some of the SC members together, so we can meet each other, swap stories and contact info, and see what everyone is working on or if anyone needs help with anything.

I have 3 acres to the SE of Columbia, so it is relatively central to the state.

Come in a civy vehicle, drive an MV, anything you want!

I have my brewery/bar on site, so many tales can be told over a pint.

Planning to have a cookout type menu, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. Everyone is welcome to bring a dish.

Now, the first thing to figure out, is WHEN. I'm adding a pole with 9 months that I can host it- however I think sometime either early in the year or in the fall would be better, to avoid most of the heat. So I want you guys to vote, then post why or specific dates if more than one month works for you. I'm going to allow those that might want to come for the whole weekend to do so, I have plenty of field for camping, I have running water and electric in the field as well. I have a spare full bath for showers.

I want to make this a family affair, so children are welcome! We basically have a small farm so they can interact with some small farm animals too, and we will try and have some games or something to entertain them.

So, vote, post, and give me your ideas and suggestions. This doesn't have to be just SC members.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I agree its time for south carolina meet you can count me in ( GREAT IDEA FERRO ) why did"t I think of that lol

3dAngus

I live in Georgia, but I have a son in South Carolina, so I'm inviting myself in. I'm down for May, when it's warm, but not sweltering hot and humid.

Great idea Ferro. By the way, I'm thinking I'll be in your area on the 21st. I might call you and see if you'll be around then for a few minutes, or if it might be a bad time.

Scarecrow1

Great Idea I am in !!! I would be glad to help in anyway I can,your not but a couple of hours from here. That is in the 5 ton :) on two wheels not to long to ride at all. Wind in my hair or bugs in my teeth one way are the other I'm in..........

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in Georgia, but I have a son in South Carolina, so I'm inviting myself in. I'm down for May, when it's warm, but not sweltering hot and humid.

Great idea Ferro. By the way, I'm thinking I'll be in your area on the 21st. I might call you and see if you'll be around then for a few minutes, or if it might be a bad time.
You're most certainly welcome to come Dell. I'm pretty sure I'll be working on the 21st, but I can put the hardtop out where you can get it.

Oh, and a few pics of the compound. There is 2 acres of pasture that I've mowed in an L shape behind the barn and to the left of the house. plenty of room for big stuff!

picture-uh=a9a638695e0f7247120e46d5d81feb-ps=645548b4a81a2f7279107bd5d76edd0.jpgpicture-uh=2c5a9456344542568342bcf9e22f750-ps=862aabdcd81f3e57c8e821ad1b5eaced.jpgpicture-uh=79e2e77b51dffcf93d66f296516dac51-ps=b970dd84c54782d01ba74df1c6d23395.jpgpicture-uh=8e8a5c70acdae0988eab93ff428e324-ps=cc7630f2ab9596e0b2dcb2776cbb54b.jpgpicture-uh=8add4aa1e03c1438de41e6dd986948f-ps=10ad17db9fe3ee427599d491d02e86a7.jpg

wilfreeman

Great idea Adam! I can't guarantee I'll be able to make it (I'm already going to have to miss the Denton rally because of scheduling conflicts), but I would say May or November should be the best weather.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know where you live. And I would need to have full A/C to come in June, July, August or September......

3dAngus

Adam,
I'm sure many more would like to attend, but being the first, it is way to early to tell how many will make it.

Keep it going. They will come. You probably won't have a good feel for it if done in May, until April.
It gets easier the second time around. Or at least, that has been my experience with "get togethers" of another nature other then MVs.

I love your grounds. Looks great. And it appears to be a great location to travel to from all parts of the State. I will be coming up from Charleston if I can make it. My only plans for now are in late Febuary, and maybe Zouts cookout in N. Ga. So, when you get it firmed up on date, if you have it, let me know what I can bring/do to help out.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, that would be a lot nicer than just my one grill. Might be easier to have someone bring another BBQ however depending on how many say they are going to show up.

But I know an excuse to use the MKT is always a good excuse!

Ok, as of right now, the Meet and Greet will be held in May. The weekends of the 3-5, 10-12, and 24-26 are open for me. I know one weekend is Aberdeen, but I'm not sure which one.

Instead of starting a new poll, just chime in with which weekend (mostly just Sat) would work for you.

zout

Dang I missed this one - PB just told me about the thread and I do not care if I live in GA and not SC I am voting MAY.
probably too far to ride with Deb driving her jeepie with the .50 cal on it - I know the M43 Ambulance would eat me alive in gasoline
so it might be a POV once you nail down a Month and Day there fella = it sounds like FUN SC style.

Better yet - if them Southern CAMO fellas get the urge to go - we may try hooking up with them - HEY - CAMO CONVOY.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks