• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC - Wigington Salvage

ltcray

Just paid a visit to Mr. Wigington today. A really great guy. He's got to be in his 90's.... and almost deaf. His hearing aid is doing a heroic job. His wife helps interpret. I got the grand tour to look everything over.. made me wish for more disposable income. About six m101's, seven m105's, three m416's, two mules (pristine!), a m715 with hardtop, a deuce, the wrecker version of the five ton, etc..... He's still kicking, getting around in a ATV. His number 864-859-2692, 207 Wigington Rd., Piedmont, SC

Bill W

My god that dear man is still around, he was old back when I bought my NOS complete front and rear axles for my M-37 from him back in 1997. He is a super nice person and was very deaf back then too, and he talks very very fast heck we spent most of the phone conversation yelling "What" back and forth to each other. I did get to meet him and his son at a Helen on wheels rally back in 99. Glad to hear he's still with us.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

My former Boss told me he was taking everything with him when he passed, so he stored it all in the attics of his buildings to pick up on the way out. His wife told me he should have put it in the basement. Truth be told, his son in law sold all of it after (the boss) he & his wife were killed in a car accident she caused. He spent alot of time on the auction market back in the 60's & 70's & had some really nice stuff.

M215

Mr. Wiginton is a great old fella. Visited with him about 10 or 12 years ago when he had NOS complete windshield assemblies for M211 trucks. If I remember they were $150 and still in the boxes, I got the last one. When asking him about other parts, he drove me to various buildings and directed me to an isle and shelf while standing outside, he knew were everything was. When all done he drove me up to his house for a can of soda. Fond memories of trips like that and similar ones to Richard Green in central PA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks