• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

scratchy carc.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked some carc green from alpha-heaven. After painting some components i've noticed the carc scratches really easily. Am i doing something wrong? There are basicly no directions for appling it on the cans. I'm using rustolem primer . I think it's sticking to the primer well, it just seems like this coating would be more dourable. I'm spraying it with my touch up gun and it looks great. So far i've only painted small parts, running boards, jerrycan holder, and other parts i can fit in the sandblaster. But at $60 a gallon i don't want to waste it if there is something i can do to help it's dourability.

Dieselsmoke

Are you talking deep scratches or the light scratches left behind from something rubbing across it lightly? If it's the light scratches, CARC does that.

Jones

Ken,
Did you get a data sheet with the CARC? If you're paint job is fresh it'll be a little tender as it takes several days to a week to harden thoroughly, depending on conditions.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DS, If i rub it with my finger it leaves a mark. The first time i drive it throught the woods it's going to look like crap!
Jones, I didn't get any data with it. Only the label on the can. I painted these parts at the end of Sept.
Is there a hardner or a additive i can use to make it more dourable?

Jones

Ken, the sheet I got tells about the paint including the pressures for different spray rigs and the curing times. By upping the temperature it can be made to cure faster but as a one-part CARC it takes it's curing trigger from the moisture in the air. No hardeners that I know of will make it go any faster. I'll dig out the fact sheet and get a copy to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks