• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Search Help

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a little help understanding how to do an advanced search.

For example:
I know there is a post that contains the following information:

It is in the CUCV forum

it concerns flushing cooling system

The poster suggested using some pvc pipe
to divert the water from the upper radiator hose
so that it would divert water from the blast of the fan.

I believe he was feeding water into the radiator thru the fill port.

How would I formulate an advanced search?

Thanks for any pointers.
Bruce

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did the thread start about flushing the coolant system? I'd search the cucv forum, and search "titles only" for "flush" or "flushing".

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Gimp, but no luck so far. I tried several search terms but always end up with
hundreds of posts. I thought there might be some sort of way to combine search variables so
that it would search for the first and then search within the results for the next, etc.
Bruce

gimpyrobb

I didn't see any threads in the cucv forum, that you posted in, that had to do with the coolant system.

Could it be in the cucv modifying forum?

glassk

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...oolant-Drain&p=1239755&viewfull=1#post1239755

Hea wired, I have a simple trick for flushing coolant. Drain coolant. Take two 2in X 2ft lenths of PVC pipe, glue on a 90deg elbow. disconnect top rad hose from rad side, Attach the PVC to the hose with the open end pointing down. Fill radiator with water. Run the engine. The thermostat will open discharging the flush water. Slowly add water to the radiator as the thermostat opens and closes. Flush untill the water is clear. You can use a container placed on the discharge end to collect flush water and dispose of it. Unlike flush kits, which discharge water out the rad cap, this method keeps the engine dry by discharging water away from the fan.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much glask and Gimp for your help! That was the exact post I was looking for
as I am sure you realized after seeing it. I still need to learn how to do these searches more
efficiently so I don't have to waste other peoples time.
Bruce

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"Location of Engine Coolant Drain?" as the thread title WILLNOT show up for a title search for CUCV cooling system flush/flushing. I have a HE11 of a time searching for a known subject, I try to remember (at my age that is tough) who posted in the thread, then search that member.
Another problem is that we have so MANY threads with CRAP titles that DO NOT go with the main subject of the thread which at times making searching by title for something almost impossible.
Using a extended search (cucv, radiator flushing), won't show up in the thread because it is a cucv thread, hence it will just talk about flushing the radiator.

SEARCH IS NOT MY BEST FRIEND

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was able to find what you were looking for just with the standard google search. 3rd result when I searched for "cucv flush PVC pipe".

Sometimes searching with less yields more.

gimpyrobb

That would be searching with more. I only used one word searches, but I used the SS search, not Google.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
*sigh* The vbulletin search sucks according to many, so I swapped in the google search to the main page. Now I'm getting people complaining about it. I can't win. rofl

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And when you accept that fact and move on, you'll have a good day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks