• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

seat back latch

looked through the tm,s and searched - the pics show what I have, but there seems no way to assemble the latch on the bench seat to stop it from flipping forward - which I know is wrong.

no spring shows up in the tm parts pics, and if assembled as shown the plastic cover prevents access to the latch to release the seat...so what gives?

Pics likely necessary to explain...

captw

safety latch

when properly assembled, this latch is supposed to engage the pawl on the seat back to prevent the seat back from moving forward in the event of a frontal vehicle collision...W

captw

seat latch

under normal conditions the seat back will always be free to move, there is no latch to lock it in place...the catch and pawl mechanism in the pic only comes into play, or at least is supposed to, in a collision situation...there is no spring, it works as a pendulum, and swings into the pawl to lock it temporarily...the latch in the pic should be back behind the pawl, so that it would swing ahead into the pawl...once you fiddle with it, I'm sure sure you'll figure it out...W

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks