• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling cucv outside USA exporting?

K9Vic

Ok, if this has been asked before I did not really find a solid answer for my situation. I found this post, but it mostly talks about parts Shipping parts to other countries but does mention vehicles can not be exported if bought from GL auctions with an EUC.

My CUCV was bought from a GSA local auction, not from GL auctions and no EUC with the sale, or at least I did not notice one. I have been told that military vehicles can not be exported outside the USA for sale from a private party. I basically just want to confirm this is the case even with out an EUC. I have had people from Canada ask about exporting, but I have always told them I cannot.

Thanks and again if I missed it searching, my bad.

84cucv1ton

i know i guy who has been sending cucvs to south america for a while now. he makes a pretty good living at it too. he said he has never had a problem.

raiburn

"The Man" doesn't want you to export these, because the taliban is collecting them to take over the world!

I hope they read the Doghead Starter Relay Mod!

btw, just in case this doesn't read the way i'm thinking it, it is a joke...

area52

Yes you can export military vehicles, but only to certain "friendly" countries - i.e. our allies. Best bet is to go through an export company instead of trying to do it yourself.

ranchhopper

I have an email from the GSA that states there is no export restriction on selling trucks purchased through them.Selling vehicles to another country can get a bit tricky you have to fill out a shippers export declaration which goes to the government stating who bought it dates,prices,addresses and phone #s so one way or the other they know where it is.I just did this with my 38 plymouth it was bought by a guy in england it leaves this morning.I have a friend with farms in panama he buys his trucks through GL and exports them to panama but they are for his own use and he has to tell them where they are going on his EUC.

CajunM35A2

You need to contact the local office of the US Dept. of Commerce

Go to </title> <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16981" name="GENERATOR" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="./build/fragments/fl_eg_stylesheets/exp_master.css" type="text/css"></link> <script src="./build/fragments/fl_eg_stylesheets/email.js" language="javascri and find your local office of the US Department of Commerce. There IS export paperwork that you do need to complete.

The safest way is to make sure that you get paid and that you avoid needless and costly entanglements with customs, export restrictions, import restrictions, ect. is to use the service of an international banker and a freight forwarder.

If you want to get into the business, find when your state District Export Council is holding seminars, or even when they are holding an EXPORT UNIVERSITY.

K9Vic

K9vic, are you thinking of shipping any into Canada?
Question was asked, but I sold my M1028 to a SS member here that is just a few states away from Texas. I was just not sure if it was OK to sell to Canada, but really did not want to go through the trouble of exporting.

CajunM35A2

Export restrictions

I have an email from the GSA that states there is no export restriction on selling trucks purchased through them.Selling vehicles to another country can get a bit tricky you have to fill out a shippers export declaration which goes to the government stating who bought it dates,prices,addresses and phone #s so one way or the other they know where it is.I just did this with my 38 plymouth it was bought by a guy in england it leaves this morning.I have a friend with farms in panama he buys his trucks through GL and exports them to panama but they are for his own use and he has to tell them where they are going on his EUC.
GSA does not set export restrictions.

I suggest that you read (among other things):
Export Control Basics (Exporting 101)

CajunM35A2

Exporting

Question was asked, but I sold my M1028 to a SS member here that is just a few states away from Texas. I was just not sure if it was OK to sell to Canada, but really did not want to go through the trouble of exporting.
If you are in the US and you sell a truck to a party in Canada; you accept payment and the truck goes to Canada....you are exporting.

See: http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/exportingbasics.htm

Extract:
What Is an Export?

Any item that is sent from the United States to a foreign destination is an export. "Items" include commodities, software or technology, such as clothing, building materials, circuit boards, automotive parts, blue prints, design plans, retail software packages and technical information.

dkydfireman

exporting a cucv

I'm located in Canada and would love to own a m1008 or m1028.
I got in contact with U.S customs and border protection about exporting one of these trucks.
According to them as long as the truck has been released by DoD and has been assigned a clear title the normal rules apply for exporting a vehicle for personel use.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/307

To my understanding if the truck was purchased at a GSA auction it wouldn't have the EUC certificate to worry about.

Has anybody actually exported one of these trucks to Canada and it went as smoothly as customs leads me to believe?

KsM715

Last edited:

MASIC

You can export anything into Canada easily except for a bus. All that is needed is a bill of sale, clear US title and vehicle inspection. All of the above needs to be at the border 72 hours before the arrival of the vehicle.

A Canadian will need cash to pay duty if its 15 years or newer, the above information, insurance, 14 day permit to transfer (temp registration). Canada is sticky only on armored vehicles unless you are into the movie rental business.

Every time I have imported or exported a vehicle in the MV world you will get a giggle out of the ex military because they know what a long journey is like in MV’s and a wow from the Canadian side.

I move a lot of oil patch parts, vehicles and assist in all other aspects. A private US citizen can sell to a Private Canadian citizen all day. It a little sticky from a business to a citizen on both sides.

tamecrow

You can legally export a CUCV and all it's parts to Canada. This is done everyday. I researched this before I bought mine. I was seeing all the crap on Ebay and other sites that these could only be sold to US citizens. This is incorrect. GL only sells to US citizens. The person that purchases the vehicle from them can sell it to someone in Canada no problem.

dkydfireman

Thanks for the info tamecrow. I have exported other vehicles from the U.S with no troubles. Just wasn't sure with all the things you read about one being a ex-military vehicle. Now I just have to find someone with a good one to sell to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks