• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sf 97 question for M932a1 tractor

rrrr

Started to fill out my sf 97 and not sure what to put in the blanks to submit to GL. I have read through the posts but could not find anything on tractors.

Year: 1985
Make: AM General
Model: M932A1

For the vin I plan to use the identification number. C0532-00397
It has letters starting (NLOMMU C0532-00397)

Body style: Truck
Color: Green

For weights is just lists a total empty weight of 22,240
Then max towed load 37,500

Should I use a GVWR of 22,240 since its a tractor and doesn't carry anything ?

Are the rest of the descriptions correct ?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Body style is tractor. NLOMMU is the US Army registration number and not part of the VIN. GVWR is 10 tons (20,000 lbs) plus the empty weight.

rrrr

Body style is tractor. NLOMMU is the US Army registration number and not part of the VIN. GVWR is 10 tons (20,000 lbs) plus the empty weight.
So, even though its a tractor I add 20,000 lbs to the empty weight of 22,240 for a total of 42,240 lbs.

I guess I don't need to worry about the max towed load ? See attached pic.

My deuce was much easier.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I don't need to worry about the max towed load ?
Not for the purposes of the SF97.

The empty weight plus the max trailer weight is the Gross Combination Vehicle Weight Rating. You'll get into that at the DMV.

Tornadogt

Just an update I have the same questions mine is a 931A2 the data plate says weight empty 20,995 then above an to the right says payload 15000 lbs wouldn't my GVRW be 35,995? Just want to make sure i'm filling it out right

Bighurt

Yes but depending on state, your GVWR may differ.

My M915 has GVWR of 50k by the data plate, but ND wants GVWR to be equal to GCWR. So empty weight plus max towed load.

I can do it the other way but then I have to register my trailers by weight. Which is ok for 1 but many gets complicated, particularly when they are different designs. The big problem is when GVWR exceeds 55k, heavy highway vehicle use tax.

Right now I keep GVWR on the M915 at 54k, I can change that anytime and pay the difference but then I get into IRS 2290. I'm fine with 54k with what I haul on the M871.

I really think the Feds need to line every state up and make one set of rules they all have to follow, it terms of registration at licensing.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks