• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shear Pins do Work!

derby

This is for all the guys that use bolts,roll pins,hair pins or any other item not a shear pin. This what could happen.I spoke with Memphis Equipment today,they said this is the most common part that they sell for winch repair.$311.00 plus shipping buys alot of shear pins. I bought this used, and it had an old style yoke on it with a roll pin in it.anybody have a good used gear around?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, That bronze bull gear is a pretty massive piece. I would have though failure would occur in the pto before that gear would fail.

ida34

Derby,
I might have extra parts but I have to go through my winch before I sell the spare one. I will not get to checking the winch out until middle of summer at the soonest. I can drop you a line when I get done to see if you still need it. I might be able to get to it sooner but the daily drivers have been taking my time lately.

Chuck

MVtrucker

I have genuine deuce aluminum shear pins with the two cotter pins: $4.00 each plus a few dollars for a padded envelope and stamps. No extra shipping for more than one pin.
E=mail: joeyounginc@aol.com

SOLD OUT! Beware of some pins offered for sale. I got a steel clevis pin from Memphis before I lucked into the real ones.

akrhino

I just replaced the bull gear in my 35 it was trashed when I got it all the teeth were ground off I think I got mine from spruce mt about 300.00 then had to ship it to Alaska not cheap also got a pack of shear pins at the same time wont make that mistake what were you winching and how hard were you winching when that happened

joec

Re: RE: Shear Pins do Work!

MVtrucker said:
I have genuine deuce aluminum shear pins with the two cotter pins: $4.00 each plus a few dollars for a padded envelope and stamps. No extra shipping for more than one pin.
E=mail: joeyounginc@aol.com

SOLD OUT! Beware of some pins offered for sale. I got a steel clevis pin from Memphis before I lucked into the real ones.

Thanks for the Pins and Tow Bar and other parts Joe. Great doing business with you.
You are a great guy to deal with!!!!

Thanks
Joe C

MVtrucker

RE: Re: RE: Shear Pins do Work!

Hey, you are a great customer! I work good deals with non-bs people.
I uncovered a lot more parts after you left; maybe ya wanna stop back?
And thanks very for being a man of yourword.

joec

Re: RE: Re: RE: Shear Pins do Work!

MVtrucker said:
Hey, you are a great customer! I work good deals with non-bs people.
I uncovered a lot more parts after you left; maybe ya wanna stop back?
And thanks very for being a man of yourword.

MORE STUFF.....?

MVtrucker

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Shear Pins do Work!

The more I snoop thru my sheds, the more I find. I'm compiling a list and will post it as soon as I can.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Joe, you know we have a sick addiction, post yer list, we'll buy the stuff. Did you deplete your inventory of headlights already?

MVtrucker

Just read your Post, Kenny. I'm out of headlights. Haven't had any for a while. I have two boxes that I thought were headlights, but they're M35A2 NOS metal front lights.

ygmir

My deuce has a shear pin size that seem different. It's 5/16.
does anyone else have that size?
I ordered shear pins, once, but, they were far to large. THey were correct for someones deuce, just not mine.....
Does anyone have this size?
Thanks,
HEnry

ygmir

or,
can someone tell me the alloy so I can buy stock and make my own?
THanks again,
Henry

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

There are a couple of folk that know the alloy but it's not been shared. I was going to set out on a mission to find that out but life has been busy.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Shear Pins do Work!

Recovry4x4 said:
There are a couple of folk that know the alloy but it's not been shared. I was going to set out on a mission to find that out but life has been busy.
Posted this in a previous thread......

"Found a reference to the alloy for the 260 series 5-ton winch (5315-00-209-7979), it is the 2017, probably -T4 temper, which has a shear strength of 38,000 psi.
It's a start... "

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks