• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sherman m51 cummins vt8-460 pt injector pump mods

Hummermark

Hi have been looking at past posts for the duel line Cummins pt pump mod (to feed fuel flow to each end of the engine heads equally)and the what seems to be referred to commonly as button mod (pt pump manual calls ideal-speed plunger).
was thinking why not adjust the plunger in the throttle shaft?
as I used to do this on a truck going for a smoke test.

IN a Cummins pt fuel system shop manual they listed a vt12 engine with different horse power ranging from 400 to 575 all had the same injectors i.e. Same amount of spray holes same hole size,and all the same part number by pass spring pushing the button,the only change was the button number.
400. Had number 20 button
420. Had number 17 button
450. Had number 7 button
500. Had number 5. Button
575. Had number 3 button
so it would appear the button is the way to go for more power.
A plunger or button as it is commonly known as with a larger number allows more fuel pressure to escape into the pump so reducing the fuel pressure to the injectors (less power).

On the m51 super Sherman cummins vt8-460 it has one pipe out let from the fuel stop cut off then tees to left and right heads so was thinking would it be worth doing a duel line one to left one to right or one feeding as is both heads frount,and doing the other line feeding the rear of heads?
does any one know how Cummins bo it on the more modern v8s i.e. The Cummins 503,555?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks