• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping large items like fenders cheaper.

ida34

For anyone that does not know, Greyhound ships larger items for alot less money than the others. I recently bought some fenders and shipping was about $20 cheaper with Greyhound. The downside is the item has to be picked up at your local Greyhound terminal. They do have some size and weight restrictions but they are not as bad as UPS. It might be worth checking out.

I AM NOT ADVERTISING FOR GREYHOUND. I AM PASSING ON INFO THAT MAY SAVE SOME PEOPLE SOME MONEY.

Chuck

red devils dude

DR(desert rat) sent me a turbo exhaust system on Greyhound cost very little but some times they
wont call you when it get's to the bus terminal at your end.

ida34

I got a call from the shipper when he was notified that it was at the destination. I don't know how he knew. I can walk to the terminal from my workplace so checking everyday with me is no problem. When I picked it up the guy at the terminal said he was just about to call me.

NEIOWA

That is interesting. Used Greyhound for a shipment 20years ago. Did not know they still were in the frieght business.

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/
Apparently a 100lb max (some exceptions for up to 150lb)
Package are within 30 inches X 47 inches X 82 inches.

Desert Rat

I love Greydog! They are just as fast as anyone else but 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. IDA, good to see others finding out the same thing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks