• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Silicone brake fluid

BIGDIG

I have 5ga of silicone brake fluid lying around that I got from a supply Sgt I knew.Im not sure of the date on it but want to know IF it expires.I had to pay $22 for a quart of it years back for my M880 because it came with it.After telling this to my friend on base,he gave me some..Should it be tossed or saved.
Bob

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
has it beeen opened since it left the factory? If not, then it's good to go. If it has, check for contaminates........

Uncle Sam is well known for giving POL products shelf lifes when they dont really expire.. It's just a way to keep the oil manufacturers in business...

BIGDIG

I think only 1ga jug was opened,Their still up in Boston,Im going up there in a couple of weeks to get more of my parts/tools I left behind when I moved..I was going to leave them there if there bad..
So you dont think they expire,thats cool.
Thanks
Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks