• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple things become a dream.. MEP-803A

sandmanxx

Decided to post new thread and not sidestep others.

In bringing a MEP-803A back to life I got from Virginia via GL more then several road blocks have shown up.

In a nutshell just wanted to give thanks to all for the knowledge and time - and post where I am at via picures lol.

MEP-803A "torn" apart with stator and rotor out.

** Further joyful tinkering stopped by a MRI showing a small FX and a messed up knee / MCL

In chasing low resistance readings I decided to get some others tools - shown is one a 3.. Also got a wheatstone and Kelvin bridge :idea:

A Lister Pitter LPW4 with the flywheel ZARATHUSTRA kindly gave me. [ engine is frozen - has evaparust poured down inector holes ]
going to replace the evaparust with ATF and diesel fuel soon.

Another spare ONAN engine with a possible valve train issue locking it up.

A big crate in the way.

My dad now 100 years old. Working on a old, old, radio - and guess who still does all the side work trying to help him lol!

View attachment ATT00007.txtIMG_5274.jpgIMG_5275.jpgIMG_5276.jpgIMG_5277.jpgIMG_5279.jpgIMG_5280.jpgIMG_5283.jpg

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW - lots of projects going there - good luck with your adventure(s)!! I was fortunate in that my MEP803 was in very good condition when I bought it from GL. Although the hour meter shows 6600 hours, the engine has very low time and runs like a top. Most of my issues have been common fuel return line leaks, few switches that needed cleaning, etc. I do really like the generator, though - they are very solid overall.

sandmanxx

Well not lots of projects.. I got the two crated engines for next to nothing and just looking to get a "real" spare going for the MEP-803A.

The MEP engine seems like it "should" fire right up when I attempt it. There may be no other reason then convenience , but the MEP-803A was robbed
of a few parts when I got it - plus the engine was missing some external parts. So I decided to take the gen apart and but it back together lol while
checking some of the known electrical issues at hand.

Guyfang

Staff member
Take your time and do er right. You look like that's the plan, and with the big boss standing, (or sitting, as is his right at the age of 100!) behind you with a cudgel, you will be done ASAP!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks