• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Site Colors - Test Subjects

mangus580

So.. I just discovered something...

I need a few interested users to try this for me.

Those of you who have firefox installed (or those who want to install it)

Look at the site using Firefox, and then Internet Explorer on the same screen.

Give me your observations.

Ideally this would be done by people who have had issues viewing the colors....

mangus580

Guys... I just want the answers I asked for please...

I understand some of you have a hard time with the colors/letters, etc.

Please... especially those of you who have issues... I would like this comparison.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The font size or spacing is changed by a tiny amount between IE and FF. I saw no color differences. I did not think either one was better or worse.

Jetnoise400

With my 2 LCD flat panels right next to each other, FF on one and IE on the other, here's what I see:

In IE the orange text is slightly closer to an amber hue than in FF
In FF, the OD green (both background and table cell bkgd areas) are a few shades closer to brown in IE

Hope that helps

Native resolution, in a side by side comparison, I find that Firefox is sharper than Explorer. The difference is minuscule, and had I not looked very closely I might not have even seen the difference.

My preferred software is Firefox. I find that the font is a bit small for my liking, but easily remedied by ctrl +++ to raise the resolution by three times.

Software used :

Foxfire v 3.0.4
MS Explorer v 7.0.5730.11
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Hardware used:
Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m
Display Adapter Description ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Resolution 1680 x 1050 x 60 hertz

Regards,
Rick

LanceRobson

I can't believe you actually asked me to visit the Evil Empire...

FF is a little sharper for me. I didn't notice a color difference.

IE has ad banners at the top of the page. FF does not. Thea could be due to my security suite's tossing them off the cliff thinking they are off-site phising.

Lance

mangus580

I see a pretty big difference. On FF the text appears sharper and more in focus. In IE the text looks a little fuzzy. I hardly ever use IE. I have IE 7.0.5730.11 and FF 3.0.1
Native resolution, in a side by side comparison, I find that Firefox is sharper than Explorer. The difference is minuscule, and had I not looked very closely I might not have even seen the difference.

My preferred software is Firefox. I find that the font is a bit small for my liking, but easily remedied by ctrl +++ to raise the resolution by three times.

Software used :

Foxfire v 3.0.4
MS Explorer v 7.0.5730.11
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Hardware used:
Lenovo ThinkPad Z61m
Display Adapter Description ATI Mobility Radeon X1400
Resolution 1680 x 1050 x 60 hertz

Regards,
Rick

DING DING DING...

we have a couple of winners!

I was SHOCKED when I used IE today and saw this. It was almost offensive to look at! I suspect that some users wont notice it as much as others...

The whole point of my exercise was... if you have a hard time with the colors, and can tolerate Firefox as a browser, you might find it MUCH easier to read.

I know the difference was enough to make me realize why I dont have any issues with it.

thanks for the help... I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks