• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slooowww-m52a2-help

gusto1

I bought a M52A2 from GL. Not Running when I purchased it. With alot of help from fellow SS I did everything I could. The truck had IP problems, to much for me to fix. I took the truck to Jim Henry in Albemarle NC, he said the IP timing was off and the HH was bad. He replaced the parts for me and got it running.

My problem is the truck will not go over 45MPH at 2400RPM empty and has no power going up hill. I have noticed alot of blowby, possible steam but not sure. It really does not use antifreeze that I can tell. Anyone got any simple fix's?

Thanks,
Gus

Westech

CPL
If the pump was replaced/rebuilt it might have to be "tuned". I would turn up the fuel a touch and see if that helps. And where is this blow by coming from? the exhaust or crankcase vent tube?

derby

How about the air cleaner? maybe injector nozzle's. ? have you checked the brakes, wheel bearings, parking brake?

vtdeucedriver

All mentioned above is correct................but just remember this.................at 2600, your only going to get 50 mph, its direct drive trans. You will not get 55 or 60 out of it. You should have quite a bit of power to climb hills. Mine does pretty good in 5th on the long ones. She will drop to about 1700 and hang there. Check your hub temps to make sure that your not dragging a brake, they will be a bit warm but you should be able to leave your hand there as long as you want for a normal temp. Verify your timing again and keep running it. I use power service pretty frequently to keep things lubed in the IP. She may have sat so long that you still might have some "cob webs" that need to be cleaned.

vtdeucedriver

Unless someone stuck an OD tranny in it. I have two of them that came out of service that way. So, the question would what's the shifting pattern?.

wish I were that lucky!!:roll:

Here is the shift patern...............let us know what you got!

OD Trans

R25

Direct Drive

R24

vtdeucedriver

I will post it again as I drove the M151 120 miles today and completely ignored the big girl!!! If the weather escapes us, maybe tomorrow I will take her out and I will bring the camera.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5fLV0W5I4[/media]

jhooah

Recommended basic reading:
I HIGHLY recommend visiting the SS Resources link (at the top of the page, or linked below) and downloading the step by step government paid for (millions $$$ ?) file called:

"Troubleshooting the LDS 465-1 multifuel" http://old.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?module=pagesetter&type=file&func=get&tid=1&fid=file&pid=57

I perused this the other day and it walks you through the whole system with a 100 Lb fuel pressure guage discussing in sequence checks and RPM increases based on their research and experience.
Good stuff, might be the answer your seeking.
V/R W. Winget

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks