• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smoke passenger side

choll

I have smoke blueish/white coming out of the passenger side exhaust. When I start the truck it starts right up half crank, after starting it runs ruff almost like a gas motor with one of the plug wires disconnected. It lacks power at this point. I have installed a temp gauge. When the temp hits around 190 degrees its like a switch is hit. You can feel the power kick in and the smoke disappears it then runs perfect. Here is what I have done to try to cure issue:
1. blew out all of the fuel lines
2. replaced fuel filter with spin on
3. replaced lift pump
4. replaced glow plugs
5. replaced all injectors.

There is no water in the oil and no oil in the water. Water level remains the same. the exhaust is not oily and does not smell like anti freeze. Im not really thinking IP, could be wrong, only because it runs perfect at 190 degrees and it starts with no issues. Am I missing something or should I send my spare pump out to be rebuilt and get it installed. Suggestions any thoughts

Chuck

Barrman

I have one that sat for years and smoked like crazy when we got it running again. It continued to blow blue/white smoke on start up out both sides the first start of the day for about 3 years. Never really used much oil, never used coolant and would go away quicker and quicker the more we daily drove it. I noticed last week that there is now no smoke at all on start up.

Another of my M1009 trucks according to Warthog who owned it first constantly smoked terrible out one side the first 3 hours he had it running. Then just a bit on start up. No smoke or oil use in 7 years now.

Mechanical things almost never fix themselves. Especially, oil leaks inside a combustion chamber. However, I think both of my engines mentioned above were worked on or rebuilt. Who knows what all was inside the exhaust system that is slowly getting burnt out. Yours seems more like a piston ring or two that are sticking when cold and then working fine since performance is also effected. Do a compression check cold and then again hot and see if one cylinder jumped up to match the others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks