• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SO IL, SE MO area campout/get together

54reo

From Sept 16-18 2011, the LST 325 will be moored in Chester IL along the riverfront.

We are organizing a WWII re-enactor Living Camp and Historical Military Vehicle display to coincide with the LST being in town and would like to gauge the interest from the SS community. Several of us "locals" have talked about trying to get a SS get-together going for some time now, and this could be a good time to try it.

So far, the plan is to have a static display along the riverfront next to the LST, with most of us are camping out next to the river for the weekend. The WWII re-enactors will naturally be camped out as well. It should be a good weekend to hang out with friends, sit around the campfire, and get to know new people as well. The crew of the LST will be joining us "after hours" for food on the campfire, stories, and just time to relax from the long days on the ship.

So how many of you guys would like to join in, and what would you bring?

flyxpl

My dad was on a LST for part of WW2 . I missed my last opertunity to see a LST last year I will try to make it . .

54reo

I'm only about 200 miles away, but I have no WW2 stuff...M1009. Might come see anyway!
ANYONE is welcome!! There will be several areas set up to accept HMVs of all eras, WWII to current issue.

Please come by and participate. Stay all three days, or just one; it is up to you.

We would be happy to have you!

54reo

My dad was on a LST for part of WW2 . I missed my last opertunity to see a LST last year I will try to make it . .
My family and I have visited the LST at several ports on their various tours and have never been disappointed. It is something that everyone should see first hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks