• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

solar panels on a 923

Tommy Frantz

Hey Race Fans,

I just picked up an M923A2 from gl and it has two 4" square solar panels mounted to the cowl just below the windshield. Does anyone know what they are for? I thought for a moment that my new toy was a solar/hybrid/whatever and I wouldn't have to feel guilty about driving it on earth day!! NOT!! :driver:

Tommy

Solargizers help stop sulfation buildup in the battery but charge very little, I have two on my M931A2. If you are looking to charge they make a 9x11 solar panel that charges I have one on my MEP-002A generator.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They provide more charge than you think. I left dash lights on my M923A0 for a week and a half while out of town, and the batteries had a full charge when I realized it and tried to start the truck. I wish my new truck had them.......

trooper632

I picked up a M931a2 that had them installed too, the batteries were 3 years old, but two of them would not hold a charge low volts so they wont keep a charge on them. had to convert to a two battery system to keep from buying two more batteries, work fine now

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks