• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

somethin cool to add to the mep

Jimc

this is nothing earth shattering but a cool little tweak. i found it a bit annoying i always have to run and get a screwdriver to open my control panel face. i wanted to keep the 1/4 turn style fasteners so i removed the mispec ones from the panel, took an 1/8" drill bit and drilled out the 2 rivets holding each retainer into the cabinet and replaced with a different style of fastener. these are great. you just flip the tab up and turn a 1/4 turn. no tools required, you only need your fingers. quick, cheap and easy 5min upgrade.

IMG_1147.jpgIMG_1148.jpg

Jimc

well jerry, they are dzus fasteners. lots of people selling them on ebay or you can get them from motorcycle racing supply or speed shops. only problem is you usually have to buy a bunch. what gave me the idea was i had a customer come in with a drag bike that he races. all his bodywork is attached with them. he needed some changed out before i did any paintwork on the bike. after he left i took his fasteners outside to my 003 to see how they would fit. you can see where my mind is at while im working right lol.

JOateyNV

Hey thanks Jim, Again, you are the man. You could have won some money off me on this one, I swear I did a search for "dzus fasteners". I even went to the Hardware Super Store of McFadden Dale here in Las Vegas and they didn't have these. Should have ask at the off road racing place. Just ordered 5 for less than I spent in gas looking for them over the last 3 months.

storeman

I learn several things a night on this site, contrary to my wife's opinion on my learning ability. Don't mean to high-jack the thread, but I've got a BIG delivery tomorrow, Kubota tractor loaded and ready to move to assist. Hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow or next day. Operating alone so pics may be difficult to get while working.
Jerry:tank:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks