• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Something I hauled today

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose I should own up to it. That truck is mine. It will be heading south shortly to have a motor installed by a good friend, Tommy Craig, in Perry, FL. I kind of liked all the guessing about whose truck this actually was! I am sorry for being so secretive. I just don't believe in announcing anything is mine until it physically is. While the truck will be sitting at John's place (JATONKA) until Ray Patton can get there, I suppose I "physically" took ownership of it since it is off of the other party's property. John tells me it is a beauty! Thanks again, John, for all of your help! And a big thanks to Dave Pozzi (D8DAVE) for turning me onto the truck!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good catch Bruce. When I saw that it had been sold I was afraid the my son, Powerhouse, had sold his eye, kidney or lung, on ebay to but it. You having it is the next best thing. Its gonna live here in MD. The HEMTT is you.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only have one HEMTT right now...this one. I sold the other one to a collector in KY about a year ago. I was sad to see that truck go...but was happy to find this one. I truly did not think I'd own another HEMTT, at least not for a long time. The truck needs a bit of work, but it will clean up nicely. John (JATONKA) told me the inside of the cab is like new. Although the auction listing said it had like 27,000 miles and 2,300 hours, John tells me it actually has like 2,700 miles and 230 hours. They must have been including the tenths when they listed those figures. Anyway, I am looking forward to getting it home, but it might be a little while because I am sending it to a good friend who knows HEMTTs well for the motor reinstallation.

JeepMan

Kinda looks like the one sold out of upsate New York ;)
Did'nt realize how big they actually are untill you see it on a trailer!!
I hope they took some dollars of the sale price because the pintle is missing!! ;)

powerhouseduece

Well Bruce, dosent it feel good to get that off your chest? I hope the wife dosent get on SS and track you posts! :-D I cant wait to see her in maryland all dolled up. I bet that you will drive it as much as you drive the 900! About 1 mile a month! ;-)

Also you you need somewhere to keep it when you get here home, you know my address!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks