• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for custom M105 Canvas Top?

allredsd

Does anyone know of a source for custom canvas tops for my new M105A2? In particular I'd love to find someone who could make an insulated canvas top for me.

I do suppose guidance on whether that's overkill would be handy. I've got the sides and bows but no top - and I'd like to explore just being able to camp right inside. It doesn't get terribly cold here in Texas, but the summers can be brutal so a little AC in my old age is very appealing. How well does the standard vinyl top insulate?

Thanks for any help!

Scott

m715mike

Howdy, and welcome to SS!

I don't have a lead on custom canvas, but I may have a tan M105 cover I'd sell. If you are interested, I'll confirm and let you know.

Not to get off-topic here, but have you seen that the annual Texas Rally is coming up in March? Several guys sleep in the back of their trailers. Bring yours and come join the fun! Details to the rally are in this thread:

allredsd

I don't have a lead on custom canvas, but I may have a tan M105 cover I'd sell. If you are interested, I'll confirm and let you know.

Not to get off-topic here, but have you seen that the annual Texas Rally is coming up in March? Several guys sleep in the back of their trailers. Bring yours and come join the fun! Details to the rally are in this thread:

Thanks for the lead on the canvas and I might be interrested, though I'm still leaning towards green to stick with the trailer. For the moment I've gotta be uber careful on the "investments" save my super supportive fantastic bride revokes my kitchen pass indefinitely :D

allredsd

Do you still possibly have that cover? If you'll check and let me know - I'm gonna try and make it to the Texas Rally in March!

Firehound

I'm going to Houston Truck Tarps to get a cover made for my M35A2... They gave me a rough quote of $250, and will need the truck for a day or two to ensure a proper fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks