• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for up armored armor?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To bad GP cut this stuff up in tiny pieces...
Those side armor parts also had underbody attached to them...real heavy
DSC_000432.JPG
DSC_000433.JPG

Skrilex

Banned
Who wouldn't want an armored HMMWV? Or any armored vehicle for that matter?
Anyone who doesn’t want to haul around several thousand lbs of weight and lose handling and fuel and wear and tear of equipment? In other words, me I guess. But, I’ll admit there is a cool factor in a bulletproof car. My gf brother bought a Mercedes S class that’s bulletproof. Somehow that seems cooler than an armored hmmwv, but I still wouldn’t want to haul that **** around.

Bravojmc

Anyone who doesn’t want to haul around several thousand lbs of weight and lose handling and fuel and wear and tear of equipment? In other words, me I guess. But, I’ll admit there is a cool factor in a bulletproof car. My gf brother bought a Mercedes S class that’s bulletproof. Somehow that seems cooler than an armored hmmwv, but I still wouldn’t want to haul that **** around.
Well I didn’t buy my Hmmwv’s for handling, fuel economy, or not to put wear on it so I think I won’t mind. ;)

Skrilex

Banned
Fair enough. Still doesn’t really explain why you’d want it though. But, it is a cool factor I suppose, but only if you actually test it out.

BLK HMMWV

We would you want that? Movie prop is the only thing I can think of.
Why not ?
It's like asking why anyone wants a HMMWV.
Once you buy the HMMWV your going to do one of two things to it .
Chop it up and make it worth less or restore it and increase it's value or at the very least hold it's value.

Why does anyone want a hot rod or a car with a V8,V10, V12
Why would anyone want a Prius or a smart car for that matter.
Why do women own 20+ pairs of shoes.
Why do they own 20 plus purses.
Why do women want bigger boobs .

I can't answer the last 4.
BH

If you own a truck that originally had armor on it then it's only natural to want to put it back on it.

Sintorion

I tend to focus on practicality over coolness. I don't plan on cruising the mean streets of Baghdad and where I live, I really don't need to be bullet proof so I really don't see the value. My days of trying to look cool are long over.

Bravojmc

I tend to focus on practicality over coolness. I don't plan on cruising the mean streets of Baghdad and where I live, I really don't need to be bullet proof so I really don't see the value. My days of trying to look cool are long over.
Jesus I’m not doing it to look cool I’m doing it for originality… If you had a 70 Cuda would you not want it to look like it did when it rolled off the showroom floor…? Has nothing to do about looking cool to me…

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about Miami?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks