• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spacer B/T the rear dual wheels

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if there is a place to get spacers to go between the rims on a deuce? My reason for asking is I have tossed it back and forth about going super singles or leave the duals on the truck. My reason for going with singles would be a little more top end speed and IMO it looks better.
So I was wondering if there was spacers for the rear Then I could go with dual 11:00's or 12:00's which would be 3-4 inches taller.. I also like the idea of dual rears incase 1 went flat I wouldnt be stranded ... any ideas? Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know if there is a place to get spacers to go between the rims on a deuce? My reason for asking is I have tossed it back and forth about going super singles or leave the duals on the truck. My reason for going with singles would be a little more top end speed and IMO it looks better.
So I was wondering if there was spacers for the rear Then I could go with dual 11:00's or 12:00's which would be 3-4 inches taller.. I also like the idea of dual rears incase 1 went flat I wouldnt be stranded ... any ideas? Thanks
Why would you need spacers? 1100s and 1200s are the same width as the 9.00s.

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking on line and it said 11:00 and 12:00's were 12.3 ish inches wide and roughly 43 tall I was thinking 9:00's were only about 10 inchs.
on web search 1 dude had 11:00's and they almost touched near the bottom due to tire bulge ( side walls)
11:00's are 43 tall and 12 wide Michelins
12:00's are 44.5 tall and 12.2 wide Michelins
395's are 46 tall and 15 wide Michelins
I didnt see a listing on the stock deuce tires . Im after a taller tire for maybe a little more top end , aggressive tread and I like the idea of duals . Thanks for the reply

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...1100s and 1200s are the same width as the 9.00s.
I'm sure you didn't mean the overall tire width (?)

While all three of those sizes are allowed to be mounted on the stock 7.5 x 20 rims, a typical 12.00-20 bias ply tire is almost 1½ inches wider than the stock 9.00-20s; 12.00R20s even more so.

Our stock deuce wheels allow for a dual spacing of only 12.5", so for 11.00-20s it would be no problem, but 11.00R20s already require a minimum of 12.6" so they may touch, eventually.
12.00-20s need 13.0" and 12.00R20s, 13.7", respectively.

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks and yes the ones I was looking at are "R" radials , Tis why I was curious about a spacer yet not sure about the inner tire ( an 11:00R) hitting the spring or frame etc Thanks for the reply

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks