• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare tire?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheel will bolt on.

The issue is that the tire size is probably 14.5R20 and you probably have 395''s or larger on your truck currently.

The first picture is an M35A3 wheel. The second picture is an MRAP wheel with an adapter plate. Both will bolt up to a deuce, except the tire sizes are likely to not be the same. Tire sizes not the same will kill it.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's really strange. Neither of those wheel types ever had 14''s on them in the military.

Obviously 14's will fit on the wheel. But 14's won't fit on a 6x6 deuce.

To find two separate instances of where someone changed tires from stock to 14''s is a low probability event. Both had to be on bobbers.

Obviously it can happen. Your experience shows it.

It's about as likely as two tracers colliding in midair, another low probability event that I have witnessed...

URSATDX

Thanks again 98G.
The adapter plate bolts are loose.
Any thoughts on the recommended torque specs for the plate?
BTW that is one heavy spare tire.

URSATDX

Awsome truck (s).
The pallets might indicate a mechanical means to lift the tires, no?
I use all a$$ here.
What am I looking at in your avatar?
Thanks again.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awsome truck (s).
The pallets might indicate a mechanical means to lift the tires, no?
I use all a$$ here.
What am I looking at in your avatar?
Thanks again.
Thanks

I confess I had the big truck place mount the tires to the rims. I don't have shop air in KS and didn't think the onboard air in the truck was up to seating the beads. Mounting the 6 wheel/tire assemblies to the truck was all me. I broke my roboimpact on about wheel two. (It died a horrible death involving smoke and sparks)

The avatar is a pic of the Perkapillar engine used in the GETT trailer generator. I've recently taken the plunge and now I play with generators in addition to trucks...

Here's a pic of the wheel-less truck sitting on the ground prior to wheel installation....

20180504_135839.jpg

It was a two day job. I'm old, fat, and feeble . . .

winfred

with 395s on mraps you can just get it into the hole, i haven't had the chance to build a proper adapter to lock it into the mount so until then i'm using a chain to take the weight off the cables, new xzl with adapter, beadlock and steel rim 430#, add about another 60# for runflat beadlock, my spare is a worn down xzl, adapter, beadlock and aluminum rim 350#, a chain run through the lug holes and a long high grade bolt to draw it tight took all of the weight off the cables as i tightened it, has not moved after 80 odd miles of our crappy roads, one handy wood block to kill any slack
IMG_5456.jpgIMG_5724.jpgIMG_5725.jpgIMG_5726.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks