• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spreader bar for winch bumper?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question for all you M37-W/winch-guru's, about that flat iron, spreader-bar, or crossmember, or whatever it's called - circled red in the picture below (sorry, couldn't find it in the TM's .... at least not in the -212-20)......

..... I can see where it mounts and can well imagine what it does... now what I would like to know (before fabricating one) is, when was it used and also, why you normally don't see it installed???

It seems to be made from 2"x3/8" flat stock and sure looks like the "missing link", to restore at least some of the lost rigidity of the original non-winch, one-piece bumper version.
While that "link" in question may interfere with the cable when pulling down-wards at a relatively steep angle, it would NOT restrict normal winch operation like vehicle recovery, IMHO.

G.

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your idea, Gimpy! Probably someone has built one, already...?
Now this truck is from a customer who wants it all-original...!

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks