• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring loaded latch pins on frame support tube

signsup

Picked up an A5 and on the passenger frame support tube are two spring loaded latch pins that appear to hold down something tubular in nature along the frame support tube. On my other Bubba mule, these pins are not present but may have been removed and the holes welded up as a battery box frame has been added near one of the pins would have been. I have the tow bar in it's holders running the width of the bed, but these pins hold something to the tube running front to back on the tube. Just need to know what this would have been holding down to see if I need to start searching for this missing piece.. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

INFChief

Picked up an A5 and on the passenger frame support tube are two spring loaded latch pins that appear to hold down something tubular in nature along the frame support tube. On my other Bubba mule, these pins are not present but may have been removed and the holes welded up as a battery box frame has been added near one of the pins would have been. I have the tow bar in it's holders running the width of the bed, but these pins hold something to the tube running front to back on the tube. Just need to know what this would have been holding down to see if I need to start searching for this missing piece.. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Can you post pictures? Without seeing it or referring to the appropriate TM’s, my guess is that those pins and brackets are either for something optional that certain vehicles would carry; there was a MWO adding or removing them; or, someone simply decided to remove them.

signsup

Can you post pictures? Without seeing it or referring to the appropriate TM’s, my guess is that those pins and brackets are either for something optional that certain vehicles would carry; there was a MWO adding or removing them; or, someone simply decided to remove them.
I haven't been able to figure out the photo posting for this forum, but here is a link to Eastern Surplus selling the support tube and it clearly shows the two latch pins in place on their tube. Hope this helps.

INFChief

I found a name & phone # of someone who is very known about Mules. I just called and left a message. Before I pass along his contact info I want to make sure he’s OK with that.

I should have asked sooner. Have you looked in our TM section to see if there a TM that could shed some light on this?

INFChief

Thanks in advance.
Just found out that those hold the tube for the manual pull start cable / cord.

signsup

Just found out that those hold the tube for the manual pull start cable / cord.
Some told me it was for the seat frame storage, although I took my seat frame off and can't figure it out. I have a starter cable tube and it is much closer to the bed than where these tubes and clips are located.

signsup

Some told me it was for the seat frame storage, although I took my seat frame off and can't figure it out. I have a starter cable tube and it is much closer to the bed than where these tubes and clips are located.
John Emory said that they were used during transit when the front foot basket and seat frame were removed and stored under the bed using those clips. So something not normaly used during opteration. Now we know. Thanks to all who assisted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks