• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring Seat Adjustment

Billy Bobbed

I've had my truck for a year and a half now still trying to get my seat adjusted right.I have a few humps in the road on the way to and from work that makes me fell I'm going to eject out of the truck.I know were the the humps are and I hold the steering wheel to slow the jar.If I soften the spring I bottem out on the down then the fast ride up.I'm 215lbs I keep turning the tension now more and more trying to hit that happy medium,but dont want to break the spring.Have you found your happy medium spot.

Last edited:

frodobaggins

Well to tell the truth, I've never got mine perfect either. Had a few bitten tongue incidents and a few dip spits on the windshield.

BadMastard

oh I had to chime in and laugh with you, not at you. I actually felt the shock go out on a 800 mile trip in my deuce. I thought my aft was going to hit my forehead. If you find a better fix than mine (large pillow) let me know.

randini

I replaced the shock when I recovered to seat. It a monroe part and was about 55$ buck. You can search here for the part #. I am glad I replaced it.

rlwm211

Where is your front tires air pressure set at? If you have them at 50 PSI it could explain why you are hitting the roof on the bumps....I run my fronts at 40 rears at 30 and I am running with 4000 payload all the time. I adjusted this to keep the tires wearing evenly and they have been wearing very nicely.

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks