• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stacked!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:shock:

Looks like they all have the larger tail-lights too. I'd be happy just to get a set of those brackets for mine.

Cheers

L1A1

I'm a member over there and I remember the thread that those images came from. Those trailers are at a dealer's wherehouse ( the Neatherlands?) and they are for sale. There were some M100 traiers mixed in with the M416A1s. Wish mine looked as nice as those.
Matt

Ridgerunner

There was a thread on here not too long ago, about this Netherlands MV dealer. There was lot and lots of pictures just like these, in that one to drool over.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed two things:

1. The top row, some of the round-fender trailers do not have corner grab handles. This says to me many of them are most likely WWII era MBT trailers, and not M100.

2. Check out the first trailer in the M416 stack, I outlined the wheel in the pic attached. See the interesting wheel pattern? These are ultra-rare magnesium wheels, that came on the first M151 jeeps and M416 trailers. They had 5-hole rims, and the holes were very oblong. Very sought after for those who have original series M151 jeeps (not A1 or A2)!

Attachments

Buz

There sure is alot of waste out there, around the world it seems.
Those look like they are being saved, waste is when out the gsa hands them out to local governments (for free I assume) and they never bother completing the paperwork to get titles for them, let them sit around until the floors rot out and then sell them 10 years later at auction without titles. At least that's the way I have seen it done in North Carolina.

F18hornetM

I took them to be in a Govt warehouse, not a private retailer.
I understand about pre-positioning equipment etc {Marines} but still alot of Govt, warehouses full of equipment that have been sitting a long, long time. Glad those have a chance at being used by someone and not just collecting dirt or getting cut up for scrap..

L1A1

I took them to be in a Govt warehouse, not a private retailer.
I understand about pre-positioning equipment etc {Marines} but still alot of Govt, warehouses full of equipment that have been sitting a long, long time. Glad those have a chance at being used by someone and not just collecting dirt or getting cut up for scrap..
Yes indeed. That pic as previously mentioned, came from over on the www.g838.org website. I (vaugely) remember that particular thread and I think the OP (from g838) posted that thread because he'd purchased one of those trailers for his mutt.

Matt

Last edited:

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE HI L1A1 how mutch r they? i have room for a LOT of them,,but then theres a shipping charg too .

L1A1

NICE HI L1A1 how mutch r they? i have room for a LOT of them,,but then theres a shipping charg too .
I don't know as I'm not the one who purchased one from the dealer. Both seller & buyer were over in Europe. Although they really are in great condition, I think buying & then shipping one to this side of the pond would be cost prohibitive. For that kind of money, you could pick one up here and bring back to "new" condition.
Matt

Munchies

I was stationed in Germany until last year. My buddy alex is a BMW tech in Houston. He did a Europe tour/vacation with his dad and brother in a small motor home. He came by and showed me a hundred pictures on his camera from when they went to visit. His dad's brother is the "guy in the Netherlands" epic piles and piles of stuff. I don't remember what happened to it all. Last I heard he was trying to help import it or something, but maybe there was not enough interest. He seemed to sound successful just selling it off in Europe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks