• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Standard motor injectors any good?

Gunfighter1

Does anyone know if the STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # FJ171 fuel injectors from rock auto are any good? Im looking for some new injectors for my 86 turboed m1009 and having a hard time finding good ones at a decent price. There $28 a piece from rock auto about half of what i could find delphi ones for elsewhere.

southdave

should match injector with pump.. IMHO unless you swap out precup and stay with stock injector. adjust the load of turbo with existing pump (fuel delivery and timing advance) the condition of your pump could come into play. if you swap injectors it could change the whole balance. the 6.5 turbo injector will over/under fuel they are set up for 31cc of fuel where the 6.2 pumps are setup for 28cc. something like that.

Gunfighter1

Rodger that, will look for stock injectors than. Was trying to see if anyone knew if that brand was any good or junk rebuilt injectors? Ive been having a hard time finding quality replacement injectors. If anyone knows a source i would greatly appreciate it!

southdave

Rodger that, will look for stock injectors than. Was trying to see if anyone knew if that brand was any good or junk rebuilt injectors? Ive been having a hard time finding quality replacement injectors. If anyone knows a source i would greatly appreciate it!
Try MYLEX out of Mississippi they are reasonable on their rebuilt injector. I hope that helped and I spell their name right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks