• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Start box woes.

Just trying to figure out what is going on. My 998 kds green start box will cycle the plugs normally when it's raining and the vehicle sitting outside. When inside and in the dry the wait light will flash only for a second and the plugs will not heat. I cracked the box to take a looksee inside and it appears to look new. There are no burnt smell present or obvious damage to any of the solder joints on the board. Any help appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thoroughly check the connector pointing up in the engine bay for corrosion between the wire strands and the pins.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Just finished building two of them... And walked one Steel Soldier thru my complete build / design over the phone-facetime 2500 miles away. HumV started the first time. I could sense the feeling of his accomplishment every step of the build and the 1000 dollar savings over the phone. 💰💰 (y) (y) :)😅😁

This one is called the "Hummble Bee Box" A 4 hour build over nacho's and a couple of beers.

Hummble Bee Box.jpg And inside Done.jpg

What color is your box? Where "parts are art", CAMO

And check all of my posts on the "BOX"

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
There's more to the "BOX" that the box. Depending on make and model... there is the TSU in the water crossover. Could be B/O, wet, shorten or just ?

Been there, done that, CAMO

Action

The green labeled KDS box does not even need the GPC or TSU to work. It uses a timer to know if the plugs are needed. If you start the motor, then shut it off. Then try to start again. The plugs will not come on within the set time, even if engine is coldv

M1123 Greg

Just finished building two of them... And walked one Steel Soldier thru my complete build / design over the phone-facetime 2500 miles away. HumV started the first time. I could sense the feeling of his accomplishment every step of the build and the 1000 dollar savings over the phone. 💰💰 (y) (y) :)😅😁

This one is called the "Hummble Bee Box" A 4 hour build over nacho's and a couple of beers.

View attachment 830968 And inside View attachment 830969

What color is your box? Where "parts are art", CAMO

And check all of my posts on the "BOX"
The BOX issues just keep coming huh CAMO? Again can’t thank you enough for your help with my box. In my opinion, this was a no brainer, my box was cooked already so why not give it a try for $125 instead of opting for a new one at $1100+. Worst case scenario it still doesn’t work, best case, like CAMO said, I saved $1000. Great way to learn the internals in the magic box too, I understand how it works way better now. Ultimately your choice, but I think it’s worth a try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks