• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Bolts loose and missing on M1078A1 3126 engine

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your starter bolts regularly. I was working on mine today and noticed a small gap between the starter and the housing mounting surface. The starter was very loose and missing two of the 3 bolts holding it onto the housing. I cant believe it was still starting ok.
I also discovered the starter has an adapter plate mounted to the starter with 5 or 6 metric socket head cap screws that were also loose.
The missing bolts are 12-point flange head cap screws M10-1.5x35mm.
Cat PN# 108-7808 Black oxide
Cat PN# 118-9573 Zink
91271a624p1-b01s.png

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the part number for the 3216 CAT starter. I want to buy one form DB electrical but they need a part number . I bought a M1078A1 without a starter so I can’t look

spankybear

The TM says the replace the bolts when you take them out. Says remove and discard. They must stretch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks