• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Bracket at block

rdc0000

Manual says GM 14060613 BOLT,MACHINE. GM says M8 1.25x20mm. The block bolt is way larger. Anyone ever had a different size in the 6.2l ?

Squibbly

They go through that question in this thread.
It seems different people have different sizes at times.

rdc0000

After looking at the bolt hole in the bock, I am going to need a tap. It's rough and that is the problem. I don't know why I thought I was just poking it into the hole, the shield made me look like a fool. I will have to get it into my shop and remove the starter for some room. This little project will have to wait until spring.

nyoffroad

After looking at the bolt hole in the bock, I am going to need a tap. It's rough and that is the problem. I don't know why I thought I was just poking it into the hole, the shield made me look like a fool. I will have to get it into my shop and remove the starter for some room. This little project will have to wait until spring.
Don't wait to long! Those brackets don't look like much but they are very important.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks