• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter doesn't have bracket mounting stud

alburms311

As the title states, my starter doesn't have a stud on it to mount the bracket to. It's a direct drive. Any clue as to why, and does that top bolt that is there just unscrew and allow the mounting stud to be put in its place? Any leads on a mounting stud? My searches for all these questions didn't turn up much info, other than some folks have come across this issue as well with their starters.
image.jpg

alburms311

Your awesome Warthog! I had no idea it would be that long. Maybe I can put in in without dropping the starter, I'll know sometime next week:driver:I will call before ordering.

alburms311

I hope that 4 minutes was worth it for you....Thanks for the information doghead, but a sarcastic reply after I already have an answer that I could not find, after searching the site unsuccessfully and the TMs(Item #s 35 and 36 looked to be the same as I have now), serves no purpose but to stroke your own ego (at 0529) in my opinion and is uncalled for, whether it be from a mod or not....It is known and apparent that you are an overflowing basket of knowledge here on this site, and I respect that, I don't however respect the manner in which you deliver it from time to time...Do unto others you know....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry you read it like that.

Sarcasm was not my intention(not even a little bit).

I merely wanted to share how I did it and how easy it can be.

Obviously, familiarity with the TMs helps me, but everyone here should have the TMs saved on their own computer(for their vehicles) and gain proficiency using them.

My point was to teach/share how I did it.

Too bad you misunderstood me.

alburms311

Too bad indeed I suppose....either way the part has been ordered and will be installed in due time. Thanks for the help guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks