• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

State Fire Apparatus

pwrwagonfire

I thought that you guys might be interested in seeing some of the military vehicles that we use at work!
A couple 5-tons, a3's, quite a few a2s.....Ill post more if you guys are interested!

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Hey thanks guys! Here are a few more. Some of these don't look like ex-military, but they really are. The wonders of the federal excess property program!

Attachments

Snarky

Cj5's have to be terrible firefighting vehicles. PM me for an address to have it shipped to. I just happen to have a spot in the driveway for it.
You have it all wrong. Note the fuel can on the back of the jeep. That's the firestarting vehicle, they need that to start fires so the deuces don't get bored.

surfdog

Was just down at the district 2 office last week picking up a old military trailer with 2 - 10kw gas gen sets that I just bought.

They had a nice red old FWD and two m35a2 with the large brush guards and water tanks and also a A3 that was still camo and hadn't been modified yet.

Didn't sound like those would be coming up for sale anytime soon.

pwrwagonfire

You have it all wrong. Note the fuel can on the back of the jeep. That's the firestarting vehicle, they need that to start fires so the deuces don't get bored.
haha I like that! Yeah, thats "Smokey's Jeep" he rides on it in parades, etc

As for more pictures, I got some here for you guys! No videos of 'em as of yet, but I have a few of some of them at fires.

The picture in my avatar is our 1964 Dodge Power wagon (I included a picture here), its my baby, I love it. Here is also our 1957 Dodge...both of which are still in service (call for them when you need em type deal!)

Attachments

pwrwagonfire

Wow, didn't realize there were that many "wild lands" in Massachusetts to require that size fleet. Nice looking equipment.

Actually, Massachusetts is largely forested, as the urban areas are really concentrated to the Eastern portion. Southeastern mass is largely a pine barren like new jersey, with sandy soils. These types of fuels can take off very quickly.

We actually are one of the states with the most fire starts in the country (more than even california!). the difference is, most of our's are 5 acres and under. We do get several "big" ones every year....85 acres, 35 acres, 50 acres, 200, 2,000

This year just my fire district alone (franklin county) had about 80 fires, 65 of which we responded to

pwrwagonfire

Was just down at the district 2 office last week picking up a old military trailer with 2 - 10kw gas gen sets that I just bought.

They had a nice red old FWD and two m35a2 with the large brush guards and water tanks and also a A3 that was still camo and hadn't been modified yet.

Didn't sound like those would be coming up for sale anytime soon.

Hey nice! I didnt realize anyone on here would know about the Bureau! Small world.
Yeah, that FWD is actually still in service...unfortunately kept outside however. I know that they were planning on making the a3 into an 'urban-interface' vehicle at some point. We have one too to replace our a2, but I personaly dont like 'em. The power steering is nice though!

Tha state actually just JUST auctioned off two of their old FWDs this past month....apparently went for big money, which none of us were expecting! Heres pictures of us picking up one of them this summer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks