• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STE/ICE Differential Switch - M916A1:- Function and testing.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to get the old 60 Series Detroit fired up... following fuel lines as I'm not getting any (looks like it's the 'diesel head '- water fuel separator diaphragm/piston pump failure) BUT, there are fuel lines going through the "STE/ICE Differential Switch". It is on the side of the frame rail next to the mechanical fuel pump (on the back of the compressor).

It stands for Simplified Test Equipment for Internal Combustion Engines, but what does this actually mean relative to this electrically connected lump in the fuel system?

Is there a way to test it's function, What IS its function?

Reference:- TM 9-2320-363-20-2 pg 4-266

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got me thinking which is getting harder these days so I opened my hood. Mounted on my block just above the fuel pump is an electric block 1 1/2''x 4'' with in and out fuel. Mine is tapped into the pressure side of my pump and returns to the final fuel filter. I saw it when I first got the truck but never thought about it. My dash fuel pressure gage is tapped off the final fuel filter. Just guessing if that is part of my STE/ICE then fuel rate and pressure or maybe just fuel rate?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK went to books and it does say there can be a fuel temperature gage for the ECM and that makes more sense. It would not do flow rate on mine because it it just a tap on a T on the high pressure side of the pump line. Then that would also seem like it would not do pressure just flows fuel through it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks