• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STE ICE question

frankieg

I was wondering how the STE ICE unit works for my 1986 M1009. The engine does not have a ECM on it, is the STE ICE plug just for testing the individual sensors(oil pressure, water temp) and others, or does this plug connect to other things that I don't realize?

RedHeadTarn

watkinssr

Resurrected this thread because I just found a STE/ICE unit on ebay for $50 buy it now price. if I had the money I would jump on it like a trampoline, but I'm broke so I thought maybe someone else would want it.

USGI STE/ICE-R Engine Analyzer Hummer HMMWV Compatible - eBay Mobile (item 360185874104 6/30/2010 10:28:43 AM)

Auction ends in a day or two so you'd have to hurry, but for 50 bucks......
Ps. There is another one for sale for $400, go figure...
I had seen that one, but they want 90 bucks to ship it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replacing the missing items, if you can find them, will drive the price of this unit through the roof. They are heavy and oversized to ship too!

OL AG '89

STE /ICE is a one man tuning MACHINE!!!
I have used before on all forms of MV's and I can't think of anything it can't do except maybe freon levels and cylinder compression..... on the other hand, it might do that with the right adapter..... not the freon level though:-(

aboonski

I also have one of these that came complete with a sealed TM and all of the parts that looked like they had never been used. I could not get mine to work because it kept giving me error readings when I tried to enter the type of vehicle I was using it on; in my case it as an M1008A1 CUCV. I located another meter assembly from "Surplus shed" for $40.00 but have not tried it yet. I am crossing my fingers with this other meter because, if it does not work I will have two white elephants! The second meter assembly also came with a TM dated March 1988. Tomorrow morning I will drag everything out to my truck and see if the other unit functions. One thing I will say for these test kits is that they are very impressive!

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try doing a preasure imbalance test, but be sure to do the prerequisite
tests first. Takes a littl getting used to but some folks have found them very useful.
Let us know how it goes.
Bruce

I think I paid $250 for mine with shipping, but it was complete except for the TMs. Now I only have the problem that apparently the STE/ICE connector in my M1009 doesn't work. I can power the STE/ICE off the battery clamps, but I get nothing when hooked up to the connector.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wiring diagram is in the TMs. Shouldn't be too hard to trouble shoot since there isn't
that much hooked up to the DCA harness.
Bruce

OL AG '89

using the STE/ICE

I finally got motivated this evening to fire up the STE/ICE.....
purchased several months ago but got busy with "other" stuff....

I plug in the to the unit and then plug into DCA connector under dash.....
Pull the switch on and ........

NOTHING.....................I'm bummed......
I then get the other cables out to plug into the STE/ICE and connect directly to the battery.......
Pull the switch on and......8888...... perfect......

Now I have to refresh my memory of some 25 years ago when I actually knew how to use the thing....:lost:

Long story short I got it to measure voltage on batteries....

Yea I know lame....... but at least I'm tryin.......

I guess I need to discover if I still have my 63 N/Y student courses.... from good ol FT. KNOX.....
anybody have a source for those things????

I started reading the TM, but fell asleep......
not as patient as I once was..

well anyhow enjoy the pic of my very "fancy" voltmeter.......

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks