• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STE/ICE-R M-1009 vehicle ID for running test?

Milkman357

I havn't been able to track down the manual for a CUCV and the STE/ICE-R testing kit.

I have my kit but I need the Vehicle ID to to start the testing sequence..

example.... If I had a M48 I would enter 18... that would tell the STE/ICE-R what vehicle I'm testing...

If we had designed it, all we would have to enter would be M-1009 or whatever we were testing....

The GUBERMENT aint that simple..

Any info on the manual number for the TM I need to test a CUCV would also be appreciated...

If I supplied the TM number, is it illegal to sell me the TM from an official Military source? is it classified?

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

OL AG '89

Can anyone see the importance to have a TM still claasified on an antiquated piece of test equipment? I bet if you search far and wide you will find somewhere in Cyber space that the manual is no longer classified..... I'll give a call to one of my LOG buddies at TXARNG and see if he will spill the beans...

Milkman357

Missing W1 cable..

I'm missing the main cable, that hooks unit to vehicle...

but there is alternate way to power up unit using the W5 cable....

SO I got my STE/ICE-R powered up...
It seems to work!

Passes the self tests...Confidence tests..
I did check my Battery Voltage....so It's a $95 dollar battery tester right now...

Is there a source for replacement parts?

I could use a W1 cable......

I also have no transducers.....

Or W4 cables...

papercu

have a TM still claasified on an antiquated piece of test equipment
I think in some cases you'll find that it is a manufacturers copyright rather than a "Top Secret" matter. IMO, If you find out, let us know. Wayne

aboonski

Best of luck using your STE/ICE on a CUCV! My STE/ICE kit was practically new and came with the TM. I could not get it to work when I plugged in the correct code for my M1008A1 and Lavarok's M1008. I think there's some updated software that needs to be loaded into mine. Anybody know where that could be obtained?

Milkman357

update possible..

I was scanning one of the manuals I do have and it said you can update one machine with another....

Mine seems to work, but I dont have all the cables. I think mine has a date of 1994(update date)... I'd have to double check that.

Did you run the self tests? And they failed? Was this from plugging into the connector in the cab? You can power the unit by hooking directly up to your batteries. (24v)
That's how I tested mine.

I'd be kinda surprised the unit doesnt work because its not updated correctly. If it wasnt updated it might give an incorrect reading.....?

in regards to CUCVs, being how they were kinda old technology, any update the machine may need would be more along the lines for the newer vehicles in the Military fleet.

WILD A** Guess.

aboonski

Both Lavarok and I tried everything to get my unit to work. I really wanted to get the tachometer portion working for my M1008 but all I ever got back were error readings when trying to indicate the vehicle to test. It's interesting to know that one unit can update another and it is a shame you live so far away. I have not tried to hook it up to the batteries yet as a power source but might try that next. You might try to see if another member has an entire STE/ICE setup that you can buy cheap just to get the parts you are missing. There's always a use for the fittings that come with the kit. I think I have close to $250.00 in the one I have and I have seen these go for under $100.00 due to missing parts. If someone in Florida has one of these that works on their CUCV please get in touch with me!

Milkman357

My unit works but no trabsducers...

you have all the parts and unit doesnt work....hmm

I paid about $95 for mine on ebay. It's basically a voltage tester so far.

If your unit doesnt pass self tests, when you try hooking up to the battery....your unit may be bad... more than just not updated.

Somewhere I saw a surplus website selling just the unit... or box.
No protective case, no cables, zip... They were asking like $40...or something. Its pretty useless without cables....ect.

I use Dogpile as my search engine... cant look right now....maybe later tonight...

aboonski

Please let me know if you find the website that offers the digital readout unit. It's possible I may have gotten a bummer part but have seen other people who had the same problems with theirs. The box makes a great military seat by the way ad is also useful as a stepping stool too.

markinnh

i need the big multi pin on both ends cable...anyone got an extra?...i saw one in a box of GL cables that must be mutalated if bought as scrap....bummer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks