• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - March VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

2. DJones
DJones.jpg

3. searls84
searls84.jpg

4. MuleMac01
MuleMac01.jpg

5. BenRoberts
BenRoberts.jpg

6. Migginsbros
Migginsbros.jpg

7. MyothersanM1
MyothersanM1.jpg

8. Jeff Kyle
Jeff Kyle.jpg

9. Super76
Super76.jpg

10. Floridianson
Floridianson.jpg

11. bigmike
bigmike.jpg

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well searls84 recovered his m1009 from being stolen thankfully with just having to put in a new ignition. So here are a few pics of it, these are prior to being stolen.
IMG_1833.jpgIMG_1879.jpgIMG_1726.jpgIMG_1746.jpg

sandcobra164

Alright, time to campaign. A Vote for my truck is a Vote for Freedom! We'll go from present to past. First picture, how he looked in the Leesburg "Spirit of Christmas" Parade, Second picture, the line up. Third picture, a bowtie on a previous Winner of MV of the Month, Sarge, that participated in the Parade. Pictures 4 and 5 where from a local Church event where they wanted to Honor Veterans in the local community and wanted some Military Vehicles to participate. Picture 6 shows that "General Non-Sense" also knows a 5 ton Gun Truck better known as "Proud American" that participated in the Christmas Parade 2 years ago. Picture 7 was "General Non-Sense" when I first purchased him. He went 190 miles for the 2015 Ga Rally at Durhamtown. My youngest son Briggs is in front of him and had an Awesome Time!!!

Now, lets see some campaigning!!!

Attachments

sandcobra164

Migginsbros

Hello to all your MV enthusiast. We campain our " Feldumschlaggerät 2,5 t (FUG)". Its an all terrain forklift with 4 wheel drive and diff.locks. Driven by a Klöckner Humbold Deutz 6 cylinder aircooled engine direct injected 4 stroke diesel . 107 HP at 2300 rpm and 345nm torque at 1600rpm.
Trany is an automatik ZF 6speed foreward and 2 reverse with electric/hydraulic shifter. It is an all steel body with mostly up to .400 inch sheed metal which brings it up to 8,8 tons weight including all aditional on vehicle mounted stuff (exept the dozerblade). Since we get this heavy metal piece some years before we love it and we can´t imagine a life without him.
FUGcampain 026.jpgFUG 009.jpgIMG_0884.jpgriseranchero 011.jpgenfields martin 017.jpg

Pictures from the special additional stuff like Cranehook or dozerblate will follow.
Thanks for voting.

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The War Wagon it is.

Here a thread with some details on the building of War Wagon.

Drew, not really important, but maybe an idea to change the caption of the contender from Jeff Kyle to his username jeffhuey1n? I tried finding the truck under "jeff kyle" (what do I know) as username but ended up blank.

Migginsbros

O.K. last saturday we want to use the cranehookfeature for our forklift build in 1987. We had a little help by the excarvator because the hookassy
has a weight of 200 lb.
FUGcampain 009.jpg To fold out the hook pull the Pin. But he was sitting for years. FUGcampain 013.jpg
After all we were glad that we can now use it.FUGcampain 020.jpgFUGcampain 022.jpgFUGcampain 028.jpg
There is also a dozerblade for light work on sand or snowFUG 080.jpg
And.......like most MV its kids friendlyFUG 078.jpgKippertreffen2014 043.jpg

Yes, it a Steinbock FUG 2,5 Y4. Introduced in 1982, the quickest all tarrain forklift in the world with a topspeed of over 30 miles/hour produced by Steinbock/Boss.
Stay tuned, more "thrilling" pictures from the street legal use next week.;-)

Last edited:

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few more pic,s and just remember the Cub Scouts are counting on your vote.

Attachments

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Thanks for your support and votes guys keep em coming

The truck started at life on February 1986 as a M 1028. It's first assignment was at camp Guernsey Wyoming for the Wyoming army national guard training and then got upgraded by General Motors to a M1028A1 in 1997. As time went by it spent its life there running till 2009 when it was put in the boneyard for some issues and used as a parts truck it got sent to drmo at Nellis Air Force Base Las Vegas in 2015 where I first laid eyes on it... the truck had issues parts missing in the engine compartment, wrong starter, bent drive shaft, dash was removed, old tires, but had troop seats,and had a NP 205 transfer case that won me over. I won the truck for $2,000 dollars from Gov liquidation. Spent the next few months replacing missing items and put it back together. To my amazement the truck only had 24,000 miles on it after I made the truck mechanically sound and restored the interior and then upgraded the troop seats to fiberglass, and thenIMG_0348.jpg I painted it 3color NATO Woodland.IMG_0629.jpgIMG_0630.jpgIMG_0690.jpg

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need more pics on the gun truck War Wagon!!!

nopics

hndrsonj or Jeff, any nice pics to put here, something on the history?

nopics

Migginsbros

Back to the Migginsbros Steinbock FUG 2,5 Y4 forklift. fugbolzenstrasseverlaengerung 004.jpg fugbolzenstrasseverlaengerung 008.jpg This vehicle was build to drive also in convoy. Due to the rule that every vehicle in the convoy must take two armed soldiers the special dual cap was develloped.FUGtanken 001.jpg
For street use it is nececary to rest the mast totally back between the cabins. Then it is possible to install the onbord stored front bumper and drive street legal at 30 miles/hour in puplic traffic.FUGtanken 004.jpg
Anyway driving this no suspension, rear axel steering, 8.8 ton heavy thing fast on the road requires plenty of attention and some courage.
Still it is an eyecatcher on patrol station.
Even it is possible to ride it on the street you are better to piggyback it on a truck. alles ab winterhike2014 1386.jpgThis climbing task is performed by this MV very easy on its own.
Hey, another feature is to slide the forks horizontal 6 inch each side and you can tilt the forks 15 degrees to level the load to the ground. fugebay5.jpg
Migginsbros Say Thank You to all voters of MV of the month :tank:

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
More pics of my baby in action at a airsoft military event as a fast attack gun truck.
IMG_0757.JPGIMG_0756.JPGIMG_0758.JPGIMG_0760.JPGIMG_0761.JPGIMG_0759.JPG And we captured Dora the explorer took her. Prisoner IMG_0762.JPG

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need more pics on the gun truck War Wagon!!!

nopics

hndrsonj or Jeff, any nice pics to put here, something on the history?

nopics

Bumpertybump.

Actually, I like the forklift too, we could use it over here manipulating a 7+3+9 ton steam power hammer

Very bad pic of me in our very old destroyed fork lift (no brakes, lousy hydraulics) and also of my then 2 year old grandson enjoying himself steering the forklift.

14 11 Blata repair 066_resize.jpgSlavoj_050408_01rs.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks