• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering box rubber line.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the end of the steering box where the horn wire comes out there was just a little piece of rubber hose there. How far did it run up the inner fender well? seems like it would only have been able to go half way up the inner firewall to the electric connection. I would think it was for fording but seems like the way the jam nut pushes on the small packing inside the box no water would leak. Tried to upload a pic but every pic I try and upload says it is to large.

M-37Bruce

At the end of the steering box where the horn wire comes out there was just a little piece of rubber hose there. How far did it run up the inner fender well? seems like it would only have been able to go half way up the inner firewall to the electric connection. I would think it was for fording but seems like the way the jam nut pushes on the small packing inside the box no water would leak. Tried to upload a pic but every pic I try and upload says it is to large.
Complete Horn Kit Dodge M 37.jpg
It should run up the entire steering shaft, that's what the coiled wire is. I have an installed pic in my profile here. I should give credit/kudos to John and his crew at Midwestmil.org

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea I just ordered the whole kit and now I see what just the rubber hose did. The hose just runs from the fitting and up just the wire that goes under and up the inner fender to the electric connection. Would say it is there to protect the wire from shorting out and cause the horn to go off / start blowing. My horn button was just missing the larger middle spring so I just decided to get the whole kit as said and make it look good to boot. Thanks. Now if I get lucky and the member from the other M37 web sight has the battery tray for me thing will be golden. I would like to see it stock and can but hate to fab up some kind of battery holder. I never expect to have a problem but a battery shorting out can cause big problems so I want them tight and right.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks