• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering issues

TacMac2012

Anyone ever had steering issues? Not sure if the steering box needs some sort of adjustment, but I have a truck that has a long 'pause' from when you put effort to turn the steering wheel before the power steering kicks in and it actually turns the tires. Once it starts it turns fine (not weak), but if you switch from turning left to right (or right to left), or stop turning then start again it lags every time. Not sure if there is a procedure to bleed the system, I figure it would just self bleed with use. It was drained of fluid when I got it.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Anyone ever had steering issues? Not sure if the steering box needs some sort of adjustment, but I have a truck that has a long 'pause' from when you put effort to turn the steering wheel before the power steering kicks in and it actually turns the tires. Once it starts it turns fine (not weak), but if you switch from turning left to right (or right to left), or stop turning then start again it lags every time. Not sure if there is a procedure to bleed the system, I figure it would just self bleed with use. It was drained of fluid when I got it.
Are you using 10wt or 15w40 motor oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Awesome. Should be okay, they ran motor oil in them. You’re probably spot on with the air bubbles. If you have a way to jack it up, it lights not hurt to jack it up and steer left to right back and forth from lock to lock slowly to help purge it out. Lot of lines and 2 steering boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks