• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering shaft thread size

macibell111

my steering shaft has messed up threads cant get the nut started not bad but enough that they need a tap and die.my question is what thread size is the shaft .im thinking 7/8 by 14 but i need confrmation. thanks for any help .

macibell111

i have looked high and low for a 13/16"-20 die and cannot find one on line .any ideas where to find one for the steering shaft for my 43 gpw im at a loss they are only bad on the first thread but i dont want to mess it up.and have to buy a whole new shaft just for a bad thread,any ideas how to fix it.

sed6

How about a small triangle file? Try recutting it by hand? Or just grind off the bad thread until you get to good thread? You only need 7 good threads for max holding power anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks