• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage / Parking

Kora

Where do you folks store / park your beloved M35? We are not allowed to parke it on the street or driveway.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I had two trucks at my last residence I had to park one at a nearby storage lot. My driveway (and my wife) couldn't (wouldn't) accommodate two trucks. It was only mildly inconvenient. When I wanted to work on the one at the lot I would drive the other to the storage lot and exchange them. Most unfortunate you can't park yours at home. Why can't you keep it at your place? Space, HOA or local ordinance? The lease at my current home says "no large trucks", my interpretation of that is no semi trucks or commercial vehicles. So far so good with my Deuce in the driveway. My dodge 2500 parked next to the deuce doesn't look much smaller, and the big 350/3500 trucks and RVs in the area are even closer in size. If the management company ever decides to get involved in my business I have an argument prepared.

Last edited:

duecedodger

That is one thing I cant understand, how can someone complain about what YOU own as a vehicle. Its yours not theirs so why can they just say "oh I don't like that so I'm going to complain about it" Like really just let us enjoy OUR vehicles!

slantflat

Most times it has nothing to do with the vehicles themselves. It is an easy way for the complainer to get at the neighbor who has done something, whether they know it or not, to make the complainer mad.

Around here you can complain to the county and not leave your name. The code person has been to my house several times, and found nothing wrong, but the calls persist. Whoever the coward is is just trying to make me mad. Oddly enough the "complaint" is never about the Deuce parked in my driveway.

w3azel

One sits in the driveway and the other at the storage place right behind my house. Storage location is great because its just a walk up the hill and across the street, plus my truck is right by the front office and gate. Now I'm just wondering what to do with the M146 when it shows up. Storage is full last time I checked. However local code only forbids dual axle trailers from sitting in front of the house.:whistle: Speaking of codes they can be so weird. I got a $100 fine for having my atv trailer, dual axle, in my driveway cause it looks bad I guess(dang neighbor reported me). So moving it to the side of my house on the grass was totally ok even though I thought it looked trashier.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We have 8 or 9 in the backyard right now.

KsM715

That is one thing I cant understand, how can someone complain about what YOU own as a vehicle. Its yours not theirs so why can they just say "oh I don't like that so I'm going to complain about it" Like really just let us enjoy OUR vehicles!
So you wont mind if I move in next door and bring along a few pigs that I own. Not everyone sees our hobby as we do

I know it sucks but along with property rights goes responsibilities. If there is a code against it, abide by it or do the leg work to get it changed. Propery value goes alot farther than just trying to sell your house.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am fortunate that I live in the country and have acreage , so parking MV's are not a problem , only limited by my WALLET, LOL. Matter of fact a lot of the "MUCK FARMERS " use MV's to get the onions and cabbage out of the fields in the fall .

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Right now I have a M275, 2 M927's (one on loan), a M36 wrecker (also on loan), three van trailers and three other trailers here at Akenback Acres. Green acres is truely the place to be. I have 43 acres and unless I hit the lottery it won't all be filled with green iron anytime soon. City living is not for me because I have a very low tolerance for other people's stupidity. It's not an anger management problem....it's an idiot management problem.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My runner MVs are all in sheds on the farm. The non-runners and parts trucks are in a field with goats for brush control.

Jeff, I also have a few hogs running around. :-D

I know my post doesn't help the OP much other than to give advice to move to the country where nobody cares where you park your trucks.

mbehne

Right now I have a M275, 2 M927's (one on loan), a M36 wrecker (also on loan), three van trailers and three other trailers here at Akenback Acres. Green acres is truely the place to be. I have 43 acres and unless I hit the lottery it won't all be filled with green iron anytime soon. City living is not for me because I have a very low tolerance for other people's stupidity. It's not an anger management problem....it's an idiot management problem.
I've always said I can't stand stupid ppl... Seems like I have to deal with them more and more everyday!

One m35 and trailer in the driveway and it will have company soon!

ducer

I park my M35a2 where ever I want. Front of my house, in my shop, at my girlfriends house, various restraunts with large parking lots and even on a city street a time or 2 no one complains around here but I can feel them eyeing it up just waiting for winter when their stuck in the snow.

Denny

gaboy

Hey guys,

this is my first post on the site so bear with me. This has certainly been a wealth of knowledge. I'm wondering how hard it is to get the roof and exhaust stack off to fit these in a garage? It will fit as long as the steering wheel is the highest point, and I need to get pictures for the insurance company to prove it can go in the garage.

Any input is welcomed, as I will be picking up the truck tomorrow, so I have to have an answer for the underwriters ASAP. I couldn't find much about this with the search button.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks