• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange M1101/M1102 Cargo Cover ??

BadRobot

603566_6262_161_0001.jpg603561_6262_162_0001.jpg

What type of cover is it? Can I remove rack/shelf and use it like regular cargo cover? It seems to me that the cover is more rigid than regular one. I just want to put rooftop tent on it. It might have advantages to setup as overland trailer since it has built-in shelf.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would imagine you'd be fine for a while.

Eventually, that top will go bad and you will have fun finding a replacement for it. I doubt a "regular" top would work since the framework is way different.

You never know though, side access will be handy, I just hope the velcro holds up for ya.

BadRobot

No, it is not mine but I saw it on GP. One thing that I will worry about is the cover. How am I going to find the replacement in the future?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was a trailer in March that sold with the gizmos attached still. Power supplies, batteries, and looked like transfer switches. They also had a slave port connection and other stuff?

http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/E...2703&hitprm=k=m1102,pstart=20,sm=1&pnLink=yes

Surprised one sold with everything on it.

I would recommend scrapping the framework which is probably aluminum and switching to a regular cover and bows. That cover has to be mighty special and not likely to be found.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ford Mechanic

That's a great cover! I like it alot better than the normal one that's on the towns. It's a pain to roll the sides up. We have a hydro power unit in ours with a water main valve insertion machine.

Crimson13

The trailer is used for communication and data equipment when you are moving around and for setting up in the field or overseas. Basically plug and play data/communication server. It's aluminum shelving that allows various items to be slid into place and clamped down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks