• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Singles

ryan

I am looking to put 14:00x20's on one of my m54's what would be an average price to pay for wheels? Do they mount tubeless? Or do I need to find tubes and flaps? Do the 16:00x20's take to much power from the poor old multifuel? I have heard not to put the 16:00's on.
sorry for so many questions
Thanks Ryan

M1075

ryan said:
I am looking to put 14:00x20's on one of my m54's what would be an average price to pay for wheels? Do they mount tubeless? Or do I need to find tubes and flaps? Do the 16:00x20's take to much power from the poor old multifuel? I have heard not to put the 16:00's on.
sorry for so many questions
Thanks Ryan
To run singles on a 5 ton, the preferred route is 2 piece, bolt-together wheels. They run about $200-$300 each, complete with nuts, valve stem, o-rings, and beadlock insert. These are typically used tubeless, although some guys do run tubes. I would go tubeless. You can also use split-ring rims with tubes.

I believe M.Walker on this board runs 16.00XZLs on a multifuel M52 and is pleased with the results. I have used 14.00s on a multifuel M52 and been impressed to. These trucks have plenty of low end power and the tires help with the road speed. I guess everyone has different opinions though. Also, it probably depends on how you will use your truck, what tire/rim combos are available to you, and how you want your truck to look. I'm going with some 16.00s on a cummins powered project in the near future.

ryan

RE: Re: Super Singles

I drive the truck all the time and mainly would be happy to be able to get 55-60 mph. I have a backhoe trailer that I'm going to set up for hauling my halftrack on. So I will be towing 20,000-22,000 lbs. Of course by the time I get the halftrack finished I will have the m54 wore out!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks