• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surplus Yards in Ga?

rmgill

Someone mentioned to me that we have a surplus yard or three in Georgia what the owners don't do the internet. Anyone know where they're at?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Surplus Yards in Ga?

Ryan, if you happen to go there and have some spare time, please take a look at the 5KW 24VDC diesel generators. I would like to buy a couple, but had no time to check any of them over to see if they run. Mr. Shirley said they all work, but it looks like mud dauber mud in the fuel inlet or something, looking at the pics, so I am not sure when he last did check them. I may have to drive there (by pickup truck from Texas!) myself to explore them, I don't want to risk receiving costly items by costly freight if it is broken.

top right three in this hi-rez pic:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/travel/steelsoldiers1/20061030/100_2621.JPG
and also here:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/travel/steelsoldiers1/20061030/100_2649.JPG

Anyway, you can literally spen a day there looking at everything!

rmgill

RE: Re: RE: Surplus Yards in Ga?

Ok, James Shirley isn't there this saturday. They're closed because he'll be out of town. We'll have to move the group visit to next saturday.

Sat Dec 9th vs Sat Dec 2nd. I might still go down on friday just to get a preliminary reconnaissance. If I see good stuff then I'll still want to go down on the 9th for a reconnaissance in force.

rmgill

Re: RE: Re: RE: Surplus Yards in Ga?

OPCOM said:
Ryan, if you happen to go there and have some spare time, please take a look at the 5KW 24VDC diesel generators. I would like to buy a couple, but had no time to check any of them over to see if they run. Mr. Shirley said they all work, but it looks like mud dauber mud in the fuel inlet or something, looking at the pics, so I am not sure when he last did check them. I may have to drive there (by pickup truck from Texas!) myself to explore them, I don't want to risk receiving costly items by costly freight if it is broken.
I'll take a look, what am I looking for? ie See if they can crank up?

M35lover

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Surplus Yards in Ga?

If someone is going down there check on that M35 with trailer i.e. price, moving condition. Also check on any other deuces for me if you would be so kind. Thanks a whole bunch! I can't exactly go down there unless I found a sure hit cause I live in Missouri.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Is there going to be a group trip to Shirleys. If so I can meet ya'll there. As a side trip there is a M4E8 Sherman and 3 inch gun located at a VFW about 4 miles from Shirleys.

If Mr. Shirley is around he will probably take you out to his house which has a whole bunch of stuff.

By the way he sends trucks to Vietnam to have dump conversions done. Some how he says it cheaper.

Chuck

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Is there going to be a group trip to Shirleys. If so I can meet ya'll there. As a side trip there is a M4E8 Sherman and 3 inch gun located at a VFW about 4 miles from Shirleys.

If Mr. Shirley is around he will probably take you out to his house which has a whole bunch of stuff.

By the way he sends trucks to Vietnam to have dump conversions done. Some how he says it cheaper.

Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

If anyone goes, please post pics of the Easy-8!

Blythewoodjoe

There's an Easy 8 at Fort Jackson that I can photo when I go by to get some pictures of the half track for someone else. What shots would be good? Can't get inside, the MP's don't like that.

Joe Trapp

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Any easy-8 pics are good. I just like seeing how they are displayed and how they are holding up!

alphadeltaromeo

CSI, Inc. in Tallapoosa, GA

I would estimate that there are approximately 120-150 MV's at CSI, Inc. They are approximately 30 mins from where I live. His prices are quite out there (9500.00 for a prepped deuce similar to alfaheaven.com).

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

More

More...

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

more

more...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks