• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-134 Transfer Case Operation

Dirtydeedsmx

Would someone please tell me how the front differential operation is DESIGNED to work. I hear so many versions. All I know is that poppet valves are sending air to the brand new actuator , but no front wheel pull. Removed drive shaft and confirmed free spin in forward and reverse. I suspect the sprague unit, but don’t want to repair a unit that is just gonna go out if I accidentally roll backwards in forward gears. So I’ve heard on other forums.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear wheels need to slip/spin (loss traction) before the sprag engages. Have you tried to get the rear to slip? See 98G's post in the 5 ton forum from yesterday, he tested his in some soft soil/grass. I tested mine by chaining the truck to a very big tree and got the rears spinning and yep, the fronts started digging in the grass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks